Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

3Q Results for Comcast

That is what I expect. Oh, and SeaWorld's yearly 190% drop in attendance
As much as I take TEAs numbers with a grain of salt, I don't have a problem believing SW's numbers a drastically dropping considering the bad press, increased competition from Universal, lack of new attractions and Antarctica's failure.

The Florida site isn't struggling at all, according to the latest earnings call. In fact I think the words used were 'guests still flocked' to the Orlando site. Its San Diego mainly where the troubles lie.

And ask the mainstream public if they think Antarctica flopped and I think people would be surprised. Everyone I saw come off it absolutely loved it. Theme park enthusiasts don't always reflect broader public opinion, as they tend to be unaware of what the ride could have been. Average but fun ride....world class animal exhibit.

The Florida site isn't struggling at all, according to the latest earnings call. In fact I think the words used were 'guests still flocked' to the Orlando site. Its San Diego mainly where the troubles lie.

And ask the mainstream public if they think Antarctica flopped and I think people would be surprised. Everyone I saw come off it absolutely loved it. Theme park enthusiasts rarely reflect broader public opinion, as they tend to be unaware of what the ride could have been. Average but fun ride....world class animal exhibit.
fixed that for you
i agree the general public is different than theme park fans who actually follow these web sites

And ask the mainstream public if they think Antarctica flopped and I think people would be surprised. Everyone I saw come off it absolutely loved it. Theme park enthusiasts don't always reflect broader public opinion, as they tend to be unaware of what the ride could have been. Average but fun ride....world class animal exhibit.
San Diego is struggling big time and I wouldn't be surprised if that location collapses eventually.

Orlando is doing well enough to make a profit, but nothing fantastic. I think saying people are "flocking" to SeaWorld is a bit of a stretch.

San Diego is struggling big time and I wouldn't be surprised if that location collapses eventually.

Orlando is doing well enough to make a profit, but nothing fantastic. I think saying people are "flocking" to SeaWorld is a bit of a stretch.
I wouldn't say "flocking" either, but SWO's numbers should be better than last years. But there is no doubt that Blackfish and Potter knee capped them.

I wouldn't say "flocking" either, but SWO's numbers should be better than last years. But there is no doubt that Blackfish and Potter knee capped them.

That fact was acknowledged in the conference call, along with the note that investment was needed to keep up. It makes me hopeful of new additions to the Orlando site every year under this CEO.

A healthy Seaworld is good for Orlando overall. Coming from the UK, Orlando whilst mainly seen as 'Disney and Potter' to first time visitors atleast, is also seen as the theme park capital of the world. Seaworld, and Busch, add to the overall Orlando package, and offer something different.

I wouldn't say flocking either. But the park seems to have the same crowds as years past. The only thing was the Halloween event seemed less crowded. BUT this is the first year we went early. We normally go later in the season, so that could have been the reason. The Sesame Street show still filled up early so it wasn't like it was dead either. We would have waited 35 minutes to see the Penguins if it wasn't for a very nice employee who let us in the quick queue line. I asked if my mom could sit somewhere until we got to the front and then she could join us. She has bad knees and it was the end of the night. She wanted to see them, but didn't think she could stand for that long. The guy looked around and told us to just go into the line quickly. And the line throughout the day had been around 45 minutes. I think I saw once 60 minutes. I heard from some other people the candy lines around 1 or 2 got really long. So again, it was not dead, but it was not as crowded as years past.