Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

92nd Academy Awards

Haven't been able to see everything the last few months, but this looks pretty solid. Surprised at the lack of The Farewell anywhere. Really disappointed in that. Overall the best picture nominees seem just about right though. The Oscars never fully speak to what the "best" is, since its all subjective, but id say that list is definitely reflective of some of the best films out there this year.

Taron Egerton getting snubbed is pretty shocking considering that he won a Golden Globe for Rocketman. Guess it’ll allow Joaquin to skate to victory.

If you told me back when it was first announced that Joker would someday lead in total Oscar nominations, I would have been completely dumbfounded.

Great performance does not equal a great movie. Joaquin was great in the role, but the movie, IMO, was extremely dull. It only got interesting at the end, and then the credits rolled.

It was Taxi Driver with Joker paint slapped right on it - which is the only reason anybody cared about it. It's not even a good Joker movie. I know it's a different take on the character, but Joaquin didn't scream "Clown Prince of Crime" to me.

Also, Knives Out was robbed.

WOW, seeing Uncut Gems and that was robbed. Especially Sandler. He was outstanding in the role and the film was just incredible. Can't believe its not getting more recognition.

Seeing Little Women today, mostly for the talent involved. Gerwig, Saoirse, Florence Pugh, and Timothée are some of my favorites.

Also saw Bombshell, good movie. Nothing special in my opinion although performances were great. Awkwafina should still be in there though.

Don't mean to get updating this thread with just my thoughts, but figured id keep adding as I see more films.

Maybe its truly because I'm not a women, but Little Women I found so boring. Its not that I can't relate to being a women, it just offered me nothing new I haven't heard before or seen presented more interestingly than this film does. Idk, maybe it was just not my type of film. I did only go for the talent involved and I thought Saoirse CRUSHED it, but a best picture nom??? No. No. No. Especially since its a movie that has been made before.

When will the Oscars grow up (or age out lol) so we can get more original works being honored? I mean honestly, Waves, Honeyboy, The Farewell, Uncut Gems, Booksmart, Last Black Man In San Fran, did the academy even see these movies? Just dumbfounded, as usual.