A 4th On-Site Hotel? | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

A 4th On-Site Hotel?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd be surprised how much they hold 90%-95% occupancy. If there is a night they aren't around 90% a week or two before, it'll get lowered real fast or they'll enable APH and FLO discounts.

Also, something to keep in mind is that Universal controls all the rates and not Loews. The ability for Loews to change around rates and such was even more limited when they changed computer systems a while back.

ParkRumors posted another "Look Back" at old Universal Orlando plans. This time, its for the once slated Royal Egyptian Resort. Interestingly, this hotel was actually to be built upon the space where the current Royal Pacific Resort now stands.

http://parkrumors.com/universal-royal-egyptian-resort/

As ParkRumors states, the obvious reason behind the idea for this hotel was...

The Royal Egyptian Resort was intended to “celebrate the blockbuster success” of the new Mummy films by providing a new “adventure destination”.

iOwtOWAr1RnMc.jpg

ibtCmA08En46YV.jpg

What's even more intriguing, however, is that in the photo gallery ParkRumors set up on the page for the Egyptian hotel is master plans for Universal Orlando that included an IOA that had a more Magic Kingdom-like "hub and spokes" layout and non-theme park facilities including time shares and golf courses:

if2sSYvo89Ln6.jpg

All I can say is MAJOR PROPS to ParkRumors for enlightening us on all of these behind the scenes/previous plans from UOR! :happy:

Well, since The Mummy is getting a reboot, maybe this Egyptian themed hotel has had its plans dusted off after all.

Looks like The Royal Egyptian would've given some Disney resorts a run for their money theming wise.

I think the Portofino is one of the best themed hotels in the area and rate it up there with the Animal Kingdom Lodge..... but not above it :lol:

I hate the DAKL. There. I said it. By far one of my least favorite Deluxes.

Portofino is my favorite resort in Orlando.

Different strokes I guess - I adore the DAKL, it's my favorite Disney deluxe.

I also love the Portofino, though, and think all of the Universal resorts are great.

Went past the site today, anyone seen this recently??? Thats a lot of land cleared with a 35ft tall pile of dirt at the northern end.

I was down in Orlando this week and my awesome driver informed me on the way back to the hotel that Universal was adding a fourth hotel. I wish I knew what interstate I was on but he pointed out a big lot to the left that was for the hotel and to the right that he wasn't sure what they were doing with.

--- Update ---

Whoa just noticed I screwed up part of the post. I was heading back to MCO from the Hard Rock.

Universal should be wise with what property that is left. A fourth hotel will be nice, but we should leave some space for expansion of a possible 3rd park. If Vivendi didn't sell the Lockheed property we wouldn't have to be so careful for what the future holds with Universal Creative and the Orlando property.

I still wished I had saved the plans for the Universal and Lockheed property, it would have been something nice to see.

Universal should be wise with what property that is left. A fourth hotel will be nice, but we should leave some space for expansion of a possible 3rd park. If Vivendi didn't sell the Lockheed property we wouldn't have to be so careful for what the future holds with Universal Creative and the Orlando property.

I still wished I had saved the plans for the Universal and Lockheed property, it would have been something nice to see.

Personally, I don't think Universal or Orlando could sustain another theme park. Heck, Disney can't even handle 4.

Personally, I don't think Universal or Orlando could sustain another theme park. Heck, Disney can't even handle 4.

They'd probably do it as well as Disney, if not way better. Disney literally opens quarter-day parks to start (half-day is being generous) and then adds from there on. Universal has yet to do that with any of their parks stateside or overseas.

Now do I think they SHOULD build a 3rd? No, of course not. Not unless Universal and Islands are perfect and packed to the brim with attractions. But that's never stopped Disney either.

They'd probably do it as well as Disney, if not way better. Disney literally opens quarter-day parks to start (half-day is being generous) and then adds from there on. Universal has yet to do that with any of their parks stateside or overseas.

That's a joke, right?

On soft open days the Studios had 3 attractions. 3. Two of which were Animal Actors, and Horror Make-Up. Jaws was barely open before it was redesigned, and Kong was still in technical rehearsals when the park officially opened.

That's a joke, right?

On soft open days the Studios had 3 attractions. 3. Two of which were Animal Actors, and Horror Make-Up. Jaws was barely open before it was redesigned, and Kong was still in technical rehearsals when the park officially opened.

Who is talking about "preview days"? Murder She Wrote, Ghostbusters, Hanna-Barbera, E.T., Hitchcock, etc. and even Nick Studios all opened with the park in June. Yes, opening day was a disaster with Kong, Jaws, and Earthquake all going down but these were all attractions at the park at that time.

You must be confused.

If there is ever a 4th hotel built, they will build it at the same time as or before Potter 2. There would be no sense in opening a new hotel after a gazzillion people arrive in the first few months of a major new attraction/land.

Agreed, there is far to much work to be done on the two current properties to warrant a third gate. I still believe we will see an on site Water Park within a few years but I guess its been pushed back to fund the rebranding of the Studios. IMO though there is no way we see a third gate until both IOA and the Studios can sustain 9-10 million visitors a year each.

If there is ever a 4th hotel built, they will build it at the same time as or before Potter 2. There would be no sense in opening a new hotel after a gazzillion people arrive in the first few months of a major new attraction/land.

Would be a great way to build and bring Potter themed rooms into the vacation packages as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.