Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

A Celebration of Harry Potter 2015

It's hard to think of what they'll do. I'm definitely hoping for more small elements throughout both lands, in particular more spells would be lovely. Is this for a particular time or is it a year-long event? I would think it'd be more of a two-week event, too specific to last all year long.

I definitely want more stars, panels and merchandise if it comes back with hopefully a bigger venue. Tall order but this could be one of the biggest conventions of the year if they pulled it off right

I didn't go to it this year, but wasn't most of it at the Toon Lagoon theatre? I'd hope they'd use Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley more if they do it.

So excited about the fact that they finally have an option for AP holders! Kudos to Universal for listening and accommodating us! :cheers: Last year I was so jealous of the package people who got really cool swag and priority seating to panels and "express" entry to the expo.

I really hope they have warm Butterbeer back by then! If there's one thing I remember from the last HP Celebration, it's how freaking cold we all were!

Looking forward to this SO VERY MUCH! :happy:

Really hoping I can go to this, not sure if I'll be able to swing the package deal by the time it goes on sale though so that kind of sucks... Still, should be fun to go and see!

So excited about the fact that they finally have an option for AP holders! Kudos to Universal for listening and accommodating us! :cheers: Last year I was so jealous of the package people who got really cool swag and priority seating to panels and "express" entry to the expo.

I really hope they have warm Butterbeer back by then! If there's one thing I remember from the last HP Celebration, it's how freaking cold we all were!

Looking forward to this SO VERY MUCH! :happy:

This sums it up for me as well. Warm Butterbeer and AP packages make me very happy.

Harry Potter Celebration '15

How crazy are these things in terms of attendance? Is it worth braving the crowds? How are the days leading up/following the event?

How crazy are these things in terms of attendance? Is it worth braving the crowds? How are the days leading up/following the event?

Overall crowd level wasn't bad. It was only notable if you wanted to see the stars, or at times the expo line. You could walk right into some of the presentations. Speaking of the expo, I'd like to see a bit more in there this time.

It was fun to see an above average number of costumed people walking around, some much more elaborate than just robes.

Overall crowd level wasn't bad. It was only notable if you wanted to see the stars, or at times the expo line. You could walk right into some of the presentations. Speaking of the expo, I'd like to see a bit more in there this time.

It was fun to see an above average number of costumed people walking around, some much more elaborate than just robes.

Oops, sorry, didn't see this thread. Thanks mods for moving my comment.

What's your definition of "bad" tho? Can someone compare it to traditional crowds (peak, non-peak)?

Oops, sorry, didn't see this thread. Thanks mods for moving my comment.

What's your definition of "bad" tho? Can someone compare it to traditional crowds (peak, non-peak)?

We waited 20-30 minutes to get into the expo hall...they were pulsing it...inside you could freely move around and it was quite comfortable..

Around the park it was like a summer day really...just more Hogwarts robes/costumes around...this year may be different

for those who went earlier this year, how many people do you think got the celebration packages? i guess they were the ones really only allowed in certain events with the cast, right?

for those who went earlier this year, how many people do you think got the celebration packages? i guess they were the ones really only allowed in certain events with the cast, right?

The only thing that is exclusive to package holders is the "Exclusive evening event in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™ – Hogsmeade™ & Diagon Alley™, including light desserts and one complimentary Butterbeer™." Everything else, panels with the talent (cast/crew) and the expo, is open to all theme park guests :thumbs: As long as you have admission to the parks, you can attend the panels at Islands' Toon Lagoon Amphitheatre and visit the Expo at Universal Studios' Sound Stage 33.

Keep in mind that non-package guests will have a bit of a longer wait to enter the expo, since package holders have a separate "express" line and get priority access to the expo space. Likewise, package holders have a separate line and get priority seating at the panels. Neither of these should discourage anyone from going, though. For the past two Harry Potter Celebration events, I have attended as a general theme-park guest without an event package, and rarely did I see a panel fill up to capacity where I couldn't get in, and last year I was also able to see the expo quite a few times throughout the weekend.

The panels' seating is done on a first-come, first-served basis, so you definitely want to arrive earlier for better seating. Wait times for the expo fluctuate throughout the day, but I would certainly recommend going earlier rather than later in the day. The line for the expo did not stay open until park closing. Actually, if I remember correctly, it closed an hour or so before park closing time to accommodate the people already in line, so you really don't want to wait until last minute to check out the expo, which everyone should do, as it was a really cool experience with lots of freebies.

I'm thinking of going, is there a choice buy the package events without having to buy the park tickets?

You will need theme park admission (of any kind) to attend the Harry Potter Celebration, as it all takes place within the theme parks and during theme park operating hours. But again, you can have any form of admission, so that includes regular tickets, Annual Passes, or buying the package (which includes tickets for those that do not have an Annual Pass). If you have an Annual Pass, this year they have added an option just for us, which includes everything except for the theme park tickets, since we already have admission with our Annual Passes! :cheers: