A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas | Inside Universal Forums

A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hockeyman55

V.I.P. Member
Aug 19, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas To Debut At Magic Kingdom Park This Spring

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/

Pirates, ahoy!
We’re happy to share here on the Disney Parks Blog today that a new interactive quest called A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas will debut in Adventureland at Magic Kingdom Park this spring. (And check out this great artist rendering that our friends at Walt Disney Imagineering just shared with us!)

In A Pirate’s Adventure: Treasures of the Seven Seas, guests will use a pirate map and magic talisman to help them complete five different pirate raids throughout Adventureland. The goal is to help locate different Treasures of the Seven Seas and fight off pirate enemies like the Royal Navy and Captain Barbossa, among others. If guests help Captain Jack succeed in all the missions, they’ll be welcomed as part of his new crew. If not, they’ll face the wrath of the cruel sea – alone.
Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information on this new experience. In the meantime, if ye be excited to embark on this new pirate adventure, say “Aye!” in the “Comments” section below!

I said it once before, TDO is making it very easy not to want to visit WDW anymore. Just other nail in the coffin.

Seems people moan when Disney dont do new things to freshen up parks for repeat guests and then moan when they do. Yes its not a big build like Uni are pulling off all over the parks but at least its new and sounds fun for the target market. Gives the boys something to do with all them pesky princess all over the place :)

Seems people moan when Disney dont do new things to freshen up parks for repeat guests and then moan when they do. Yes its not a big build like Uni are pulling off all over the parks but at least its new and sounds fun for the target market. Gives the boys something to do with all them pesky princess all over the place :)

They already had that with SotMK.

Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom, Pirate's League, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain, Buzz Lightyear.

The boy demographic is totally neglected at Magic Kingdom.

Sharks in the Rivers of Adventure, more inane sound effects going off left and right, more Jack Sparrow everywhere.

I don't like it just as much as you, but you know the target market will eat this up. That's where the Disney Parks are headed, becaue the GP is willing to let it be that way. It's not about being entertained or being told good story anymore. It's about being "interactive" no matter the cost and adding as much electronics to keep the wireless generation's attention for 5 seconds.

I don't like it just as much as you, but you know the target market will eat this up. That's where the Disney Parks are headed, becaue the GP is willing to let it be that way. It's not about being entertained or being told good story anymore. It's about being "interactive" no matter the cost and adding as much electronics to keep the wireless generation's attention for 5 seconds.

This

I don't agree. I was at the parks last week. Agent P and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom were deserted. HM's interactive queue was being bypassed by the majority of guests.

I think people oversell how much people don't pay attention to what's around them, and Disney oversells these kind of games.

I don't agree. I was at the parks last week. Agent P and Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom were deserted. HM's interactive queue was being bypassed by the majority of guests.

I think people oversell how much people don't pay attention to what's around them, and Disney oversells these kind of games.

I can't refute that since I haven't been since June. But Disney has to be doing some kind of research before putting these in, wouldn't we hope?

Disney's "research" is often skewed to push forward agendas from within the company.

Exactly. With SoTMK it was to try and sell cards with that tech more than for any experience to be worth the money.

Also, with all do respect to people and their creative minds in WDI, these projects seem nothing more than things to keep them in work and busy when the company turns down all the bigger projects.

Even when SotMK was popular, I saw more pin-lanyard wearing fanbois than kids playing it. Of course, therein lies the problem--GP isn't going to shell out $100 to try to get 10 rare chaser cards (or buy enough pins to wallpaper their house), but fanbois will.

It seems as though Disney just wants to turn the park into a massive outdoor mall. Shops meet n greats and games. If they continue at this rate the magic kingdom wont be a theme park in a few years but a themed more that happens to contain rides. You would really think with falling attendance you would get some advice from the park that is having increases in attendance, that has less money then you in the first place.

In my opinion games liek these do not fit in theme parks of this type, they belong in malls and other places. I could understand one of these games in the resort (or one in each hotel) but they are adding them into the parks. If I wanted to play a game I would of stayed home and played my PC or PS3.

Last edited:
I think this looks fun, actually, and as a kid I would have been all over this. I also don't mind sharks in a river either, considering we have found several bullsharks in Florida freshwater rivers as well as several places world wide. My only issue is, as practically everyone here has already argued a hundred times over, is that WDW could have put that money to better use. If MK was in stellar order these little tweaks and additions would be more than welcomed by me...but the upholstery on People Mover is trashed, Buzz looks like a carnival ride, Stitch's Great Escape still exists, Peter Pan looks like crap... everyone would benefit more by sprucing up/saving what already exists their current state of depravity. I'm glad at least Splash is getting a little bit of love right now but yea.