1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

A Star Is Born (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Movies & Sports' started by ChristopherSE, Oct 8, 2018.

1. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

‘Venom’ Box Office: Tom Hardy Marvel Pic Earns $80 Million – Variety

While Venom smashed the box office record for an October opening ($80m), A Star is Born still came in strong with $43m and is garnering strong reviews, currently holding a score of 90% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Noticed there wasn't a thread for this one, but it's creating a lot of buzz. Anyone get the chance to see it this weekend?

2. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

I'm aiming to see it sometime this week. Shallow has been one of my go-to songs over the past week.

3. ChristopherSE

ChristopherSE V.I.P.

Shallow is definitely my favorite. But the whole soundtrack deserves a ton of credit. It’s the strongest soundtrack in recent memory and crafting it with dialogue and songs not included in the movie was the perfect choice. The album stands on its own and expands on the world in a way that’s really unique.

I got to see it this weekend and I loved it. Bradley Cooper did an amazing job (acting and directing) and Gaga gave a great performance. It’s the third remake, so I can’t say it’s original or innovative, but they did craft a fresh and relevant film.

Andysol likes this.
  4. Andysol

Andysol Veteran Member

Wife saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Said that basically the whole theater cried, gaga did well and cooper knocked it out of the park. Also said Sam Elliot killed it as well (when doesn't he?)

ChristopherSE likes this.
  5. Evan

Evan Rookie

Don’t know how I missed this thread!

This movie is amazing. The music is thrilling. Soundtrack had stayed #1 on Billboard for a second week. Film stays at #2 for third weekend and Venom has fallen below it.

6. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

Just saw the movie yesterday and it was great. They all deserve nominations, IMO: Bradley, Gaga, and Sam Elliott. Loved Andrew Dice Clay as her dad too.

7. ThemeParks4Life

ThemeParks4Life Veteran Member

Oh yeah, this is a great movie. It's grown on me a lot since I saw it about two weeks ago