Adventure Island opens for the season this Saturday | Inside Universal Forums

Adventure Island opens for the season this Saturday

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm going to try and do some side by side comparisons of the type of rides each water park has. AI=Adventure Island, AQ=Aquatica, and WW=Wet n' Wild.

Inner-tube Slide: AI-Aruba Tuba, Calypso Coaster, Key West Rapids, Everglides (toboggan) AQ-Whanau Way (4 slides), Tassie's Twisters WW-The Black Hole, The Blast

Body Slide: AI-Caribbean Corkscrew, Gulf Scream (2 slides), Water Moccasin (3 slides), Runaway Rapids (Kids slides) AQ-Dolphin Plunge (2 slides (WITH DOLPHINS)) WW-Der Stuka, Bomb Bay, The Storm

Mat Slide: AI-Riptide AQ-Taumata Racer WW-Mach 5

Family Raft Slide: AI-Wahoo Run AQ-Walhalla Wave & HooRoo Run WW-The Surge, Bubba Tub, The Flyer (4 person toboggan), Brain Wash, Disco H2O

Each park also has a lazy river and wave pool. Obviously each ride has it's own features that make it unique, but that would be one long post. I would consider Wet n' Wild to be a more thrilling park, Aquatica exotic, with Adventure Island more all around stuff (good for families with young ones).

Reactions: Felipe
Thanks for the info, knokout1! :thumbs:

Which one is your personal favorite? I place a lot of value on atmosphere, so I think I'd still consider Aquatica my favorite of the three.

Well, I'm not a huge fan of water slides, but I guess Aquatica would win for me to. It's beautiful, seems to be growing quickly, and gives the same environmental feeling Seaworld does. I've never even been to Wet n' Wild, but some of the themes on the slides look really unique. But Adventure Island is still a full day of fun, and is an awesome park worth a visit. Plus gives a good reason to visit Busch Gardens.