Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Adventurers Guide to Halloween Horror Nights XXI

Did you find this guide helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I hate HHN

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
Here you go guys. Read it, study it, and plan accordingly. Remember everyone has there own opinion in guides and ways of travel but this is how we feel you will be able to see the most of this amazing annual Halloween Event.

http://orlandounited.com/category/columns/

Just click on the HHN guide!:skellington:

^ True. I loved the guide! I think for the people who have never been to any HHN event will eat this guide up like candy.

GREAT JOB YOU GUYS!!! :thumbs:

Very informative only the only thing I have to say is if it is still light out the tent houses can wind up being kind of a let down.

Yeap which is why I do the guide mentioned in the exact opposite direction. If you arrive at the front gate by 5:30 the latest, MOST of the time, they open before the 6:30pm opening time, they have never opened the gates that late.

So hitting the tent houses with light out is pointless, not to mention, if you go the first 3 weekends, any APers and Stay N Scream people are already doing the house order in a counter-clockwise direction. The only house that ALWAYS has a wait is the Jaws Queue, but most other houses shouldn't have more than a 30-40 minute wait.

Awesome guide. I think I'll follow it. The only thing I usually do a little different is hit the Jaws house first, and then KidZone houses.

I posted a picture up yesterday which now when I look at it, its crude and looks bad, my plan is this:

Knowing that the gates always open at least 30 to 45 minutes earlier than the 6:30pm poeted opening time, I will be at the gates at 5:30pm.

1. Go straight in through Production Central and hit the SS houses in order from closest entrance to furthest entrance:
a. Winter's Night
b. Nitengales
c. The Thing
2. Before going into Thing I will walk around in Acid Assault and experience this SZ.
3. By this time I only expect about an hour or so to have gone by and done with 3 houses already. Once exiting Thing, I will go straight through Shrek Alley and Black Maze SZ.
4. I make a right before the front of Mel's walk by Death Drums, and then go through Your Luck Has Run Out SZ (I can either walk it from Lagoon side to NYC street side, or walk around and do it the other way)
5. From there I just simply walk over to Disaster and go through HR Bloodengutz.
6. Once exiting I go straight to Saws N Steam, hopefully by this time a B&T show is going on, but I expect at least a 45 minute for this house always cause of the capacity.
7. Once I exit SnS I will either experience a B&T show or continue on down World Expo and through Canyon of Dark Souls SZ.
8. Enter Forsaken House, exit, and enter In Between House, at this point I will exit by MIB and I will either continue to Nevermore, or see a B&T show if I didn't go before.
9. Experience Nevermore, then walk back down World Expo, through CoDS SZ again, walk through Grown Evil SZ, and then down Hollywood through 7 SZ.
10. At this point I will either make a right and try to ride HRRR or just walk out after seeing it all.

I'm going on the first Saturday next week, I fully expect as usual the house lines to be no longer than 45 minutes, and the shortest being 5-20 minutes the most by the beginning and end of the night. With an avg of 30 minutes a house, that should only be 4 hours of my time for houses.

No rides until the end of the night if we have time, and I give myself a couple of choice moments based on B&T show times.

But this works best because earlier in the event dates since the APers get early entery and Stay n Scream, that whole group of people work the park counter clockwise already and earlier dates in the event are MOSTLY APers cause the event is emptier.

There is my mini-guide for any of you who are interested in knowing :thumbs:

Last edited:
This is just our recommended attacked plan. Everyone may have different agendas to follow, like doing the attractions, and such.

Oh of course, I just figured I'd put up my strategy and give people some other options if they want ideas :thumbs:

I'm not discounting the strategy you guys put up at all

Different strokes for different folks

This is just our recommended attacked plan. Everyone may have different agendas to follow, like doing the attractions, and such.
We followed this last year & it worked like a charm the first night. On Halloween, we farted around & only made 3 houses due to ridiculous lines! Express passes are ordered for this year!

We followed this last year & it worked like a charm the first night. On Halloween, we farted around & only made 3 houses due to ridiculous lines! Express passes are ordered for this year!

The funny thing is, last year was the first time Halloween has been busy for me. The previous 3 years, it's been dead (no pun intended).

Yea probably cause it was on a weekend day, since its on a Monday this year I doubt it will be packed.

Yea probably cause it was on a weekend day, since its on a Monday this year I doubt it will be packed.

Geez don't jinx it Vyrus! As far as your plan of attack, there is one thing that can and I say that loosely CAN destroy this plan of attack. Its only happened to me once on your route and has never on ours and people should take this into account.

Sometimes and only during opening the actually opening of SS houses can vary from 15-to what 30 or 45 minutes. I have been one of the first ones in line and got all the way to the final switchback before entering the sound stage and been stuck another 30 minutes in line as the house was late opening. Is it rare yes, but it does happen. I'm sure some of the scare actors on here can further elaborate on opening times.

Well, the year before, it fell on a Saturday and was dead.

Thats what worries me, sometimes with it being a weekend most people go to Halloween Parties but no one has anything to do on a Monday night so hit or miss on the busy factor.

The funny thing is, last year was the first time Halloween has been busy for me. The previous 3 years, it's been dead (no pun intended).
That seems to be what I'd heard so we never bothered with Express Passes. My inlaws are coming with us this year so we'll go with them on Saturday & will have passes in hand for later in the night.

Geez don't jinx it Vyrus! As far as your plan of attack, there is one thing that can and I say that loosely CAN destroy this plan of attack. Its only happened to me once on your route and has never on ours and people should take this into account.

Sometimes and only during opening the actually opening of SS houses can vary from 15-to what 30 or 45 minutes. I have been one of the first ones in line and got all the way to the final switchback before entering the sound stage and been stuck another 30 minutes in line as the house was late opening. Is it rare yes, but it does happen. I'm sure some of the scare actors on here can further elaborate on opening times.

Thats actually never happenned to me before, wow, now I'm telling YOU not to jinx it for me :lol: I never knew something like that happenned. Last year we walked in about 30 minutes late and were able to walk straight into Hades, no line at all and we were pretty much alone in the house.

The only problem I forsee now is having to go BACK to Acid Assault once its fully dark to really appreciate the projections