Airport to hotel transportation | Inside Universal Forums

Airport to hotel transportation

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
May 11, 2016
I contacted Anthony Hinds transportation after seeing his name mentioned a lot as a reliable service
I was quoted $200 for The
14th MCO to Rosen Inn
15th Round trip Hard Rock to MCO
20th Hard Rock to MCO
I have basically 2 round trips split up. The 15th is an odd one, we need to get to MCO, and be picked back up several hours later.
I also asked for a grocery stop on the 14th.
Is that a good price?
Anyone here have any experience with Anthony Hinds? Most of my info about him comes from the Dis boards
Thanks

I recently booked Joe's Airport taxi based off excellent reviews online. His price is $39 from MCO to our hotel which is right by the Rosen. Same price for our return airport trip. So fairly similar pricing to what you were quoted if I were to double it.

I plan to use uber to get from the hotel to and from Universal. However, if I'm not mistaken, only uber blacks (the most expensive ubers) are allowed to transport to and from the airport.

Reactions: JoeCamel
I plan to use uber to get from the hotel to and from Universal. However, if I'm not mistaken, only uber blacks (the most expensive ubers) are allowed to transport to and from the airport.

I looked at this earlier tonight. Try Lyft as an alternative. It worked out a good bit cheaper.

Reactions: BBL
[
I recently booked Joe's Airport taxi based off excellent reviews online. His price is $39 from MCO to our hotel which is right by the Rosen. Same price for our return airport trip. So fairly similar pricing to what you were quoted if I were to double it.

Did you actually use him yet?
I sent in a request for a quote, and his price was very reasonable. Just wondering if he was reliable. Mostly concerned with getting to the airport on departure day. Long TSA lines giving me the Zoinks

[

Did you actually use him yet?
I sent in a request for a quote, and his price was very reasonable. Just wondering if he was reliable. Mostly concerned with getting to the airport on departure day. Long TSA lines giving me the Zoinks
I'm actually flying to Orlando tomorrow night, so I'll try to remember to give a report. I did text today to confirm and was promptly sent a response that yes they had my info, would be meet me by baggage claim, etc. Also, I asked whether his quote included all tolls, etc and he said yes. No extra fees.

Edit: Also due to TSA, I moved up my pickup time for my return trip to 3 hours prior to my flight to be on the safe side. Hoping that's enough time!

I'm actually flying to Orlando tomorrow night, so I'll try to remember to give a report. I did text today to confirm and was promptly sent a response that yes they had my info, would be meet me by baggage claim, etc. Also, I asked whether his quote included all tolls, etc and he said yes. No extra fees.

Edit: Also due to TSA, I moved up my pickup time for my return trip to 3 hours prior to my flight to be on the safe side. Hoping that's enough time!

that is great. It will be good to hear from a very recent costumer.
I have the same plan on our departure day. I picked a 5pm flight to make sure we don't have to get up early to make the flight. Just early enough to check out of the hotel by 11.
Glad to hear he responded to you text quickly. That sounds promising.
He did say we could do a grocery stop for an extra $5 Seems reasonable

that is great. It will be good to hear from a very recent costumer.
I have the same plan on our departure day. I picked a 5pm flight to make sure we don't have to get up early to make the flight. Just early enough to check out of the hotel by 11.
Glad to hear he responded to you text quickly. That sounds promising.
He did say we could do a grocery stop for an extra $5 Seems reasonable
Hi! So we flew in last night. Before we had even made it to baggage claim, I had a text from Joe welcoming me to Orlando and stating he was right outside baggage claim and to just let him know once we had our bags and he'd pull up. He picked us up in a new mini van that was extremely clean. He then handed us each an ice cold bottle of water. He drove us directly to our hotel and was very polite! I paid by credit card and the entire transaction was very easy. I planned for him to pick me up to bring me back to the airport on the day we leave. I highly recommend!

That is great to hear. Thanks for updating us on your vacation. I hope he is as reliable for the trip back to the airport (Boooh)

Haven't had a problem with mears shuttles for 32 plus tip round trip or so. Some people have had bad experiences but they have the volume. First time In used super shuttle and had to wait since they didn't have a lot of other people to pick up.

Hi! So we flew in last night. Before we had even made it to baggage claim, I had a text from Joe welcoming me to Orlando and stating he was right outside baggage claim and to just let him know once we had our bags and he'd pull up. He picked us up in a new mini van that was extremely clean. He then handed us each an ice cold bottle of water. He drove us directly to our hotel and was very polite! I paid by credit card and the entire transaction was very easy. I planned for him to pick me up to bring me back to the airport on the day we leave. I highly recommend!

How was the trip back to the airport?