Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Airport to hotel transportation

How was the trip back to the airport?
Sorry! Completely forgot to come back and give a review. I actually found out mid-trip that while the cheap ubers are not allowed to pick you up from the airport, they can drop you off. Of course this makes sense had I actually thought about it more in depth. So I cancelled my scheduled transportation (despite the fact that he was fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend him for airport pickup) and went with uber for airport drop off. It was only $18 versus $39.

We used Tony Hinds on our last trip and have booked with him again for our next trip in October. He is a really lovely guy and a very keen English Premier League follower, so we had some really good 'soccer' banter with him.
First time we've ever used this kind of service and it was such a chilled out start and end to the vacation. It also makes you feel like a celebrity when you see a driver holding up a sign with your name on it! :lmao:

We used Tony Hinds on our last trip and have booked with him again for our next trip in October. He is a really lovely guy and a very keen English Premier League follower, so we had some really good 'soccer' banter with him.
First time we've ever used this kind of service and it was such a chilled out start and end to the vacation. It also makes you feel like a celebrity when you see a driver holding up a sign with your name on it! :lmao:

ohh now that sounds cool. Making me want to change my reservation to this guy. I know nothing about soccer, so maybe not :shrug:

Sorry! Completely forgot to come back and give a review. I actually found out mid-trip that while the cheap ubers are not allowed to pick you up from the airport, they can drop you off. Of course this makes sense had I actually thought about it more in depth. So I cancelled my scheduled transportation (despite the fact that he was fantastic, and I would absolutely recommend him for airport pickup) and went with uber for airport drop off. It was only $18 versus $39.

It's bad, but I'm still a bit leery of uber. We will be four females traveling together. Two 16 YO girls, a 19 YO, and a non yobusiness YO Me.
I've never actually heard anything bad about uber, so I probably just need to get over it.

It's bad, but I'm still a bit leery of uber. We will be four females traveling together. Two 16 YO girls, a 19 YO, and a non yobusiness YO Me.
I've never actually heard anything bad about uber, so I probably just need to get over it.

I have never seen anything but good about Tony Hinds. Have never used them (I am local) but I do see a lot of people post about their trip from and to the airport.

I have never seen anything but good about Tony Hinds. Have never used them (I am local) but I do see a lot of people post about their trip from and to the airport.

He was a little more expensive than Joe's Taxi.
Can someone explain to me how uber works? I think I have to put a credit card on file?

Can someone explain to me how uber works? I think I have to put a credit card on file?

I have never used Uber but the card is charged independent of the ride so it has to be registered on the app. If you download the app you can see how it works without giving up your info.

It's pretty easy. You download the app and set up your account and register it to your credit card. Everything goes through the app. After you set it up, you request your ride through the app and payment is automatic. Money never exchanges hands which is nice.

It's pretty easy. You download the app and set up your account and register it to your credit card. Everything goes through the app. After you set it up, you request your ride through the app and payment is automatic. Money never exchanges hands which is nice.

Is the ap secure? I get nervous putting a credit card number out there. I like the idea of saving some cash. With having to make an extra trip to the airport to pick my daughter's friend a day after we arrive transport costs for us are kinda high

I have never used Uber but the card is charged independent of the ride so it has to be registered on the app. If you download the app you can see how it works without giving up your info.

Ok I'm gonna try it. I think I will register a card I rarely use with a lower limit.