Airport Transfer | Inside Universal Forums

Airport Transfer

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Sep 25, 2014
Hey everyone,

this is my first post here and I sincerely want to thank everyone involved in this forum for putting up such a great resource for information regarding Universal.
My Girlfriend and me are traveling to Orlando from Germany on October 4th. Looking forward to the trip, I feel like a child again, it feels like looking forward to Christmas, Easter and my birthday at the same time ;) We´ll stay at the Royal Pacific.

Anyways, I found a huge amount of great info here but I could not find info on one question:

Universal offers transportation from Orlando Airport at 37$ per person - is that cheaper than a regular cab? We´ll be flying for about 13 hours, with a stopover in Atlanta, so I´m not sure if my plane is on time. Can anyone say how much a cab from Orlando Airport to the Royal Pacific will cost us ?

Thanks a lot in advance, I´ll post more on the other boards ;)

Yup, I think it´s a great deal if you do a round trip - but we don´t do that. We´ll leave from Miami, so that price for just one trip isn´t worth it if the cab is cheaper.

Do some of the non park hotels provide free transport from OIA? I have only flown in once without a car waiting for me and I could have sworn the bus was free.

SuperShuttle offers much lower prices than I see above. $18 pp one way plus $10 for each additional. It is just unclear if they stop at each UOR hotel. They do stop at "USF". http://www.supershuttle.com

Last edited:
My friends and I always take Mears and have never had a problem. The only thing is that if you have an early flight out, Mears comes to pick you up at least 2 hours before your flight. One time we had a flight around 6am and they said they would pick us up at 4am. :faint:

Similar question, but we(2 people) are flying into Sanford(SFB) and staying at Hard rock. What's the cheapest and/or best way to get there?

Similar question, but we(2 people) are flying into Sanford(SFB) and staying at Hard rock. What's the cheapest and/or best way to get there?

Hire a car,its only an hours drive and a days rental is far cheaper than a taxi, presuming one of you drives of course. I really like Sanford airport, far quicker to get through than MCO.

Hire a car,its only an hours drive and a days rental is far cheaper than a taxi, presuming one of you drives of course. I really like Sanford airport, far quicker to get through than MCO.

Agreed, the drive to and from Sanford is great. Problem for UK visitors will be that there will only be Thomson flying there for packages once Thomas Cook move to MCO and Monarch stop long haul.

Not been MCO before, dreading it in December!

Lets just say I've read that if 3 flights land within a little while of each other there can be nearly 1500 people all at immigration!

Iv'e waited 3 hours for a car before and breezed through on other times. I now use Dollar express or other variant to avoid the lines for car rental.

Iv'e waited 3 hours for a car before and breezed through on other times. I now use Dollar express or other variant to avoid the lines for car rental.

I've noticed that you used Dollar express in your trip thread. Ive just added that to my booking to try and expedite the process

Have you used it at MCO before? I am wondering if I can just walk direct to the garage?

Yeah I used it at mco, I remember going straight to the garage at Miami and in pretty sure out works the same at MCO.
Have you booked direct with dollar?

No I booked on Usrentacar.co.uk. £363 for a Mustang for 14 days.

I've had them add my Express ID their end and contacted Dollar to add the booking to my Express account, which they have done as I can see it on there now.

Good on ya, Thats exactly what I was going to suggest.

I always try and get the mustang, it is a fantastic car and I always have a smile on my face when the roof is down, the sun is out and the tunes are a playin' :whoo:

Have fun buddy :thumbs:

Haha I know what you mean, we had one last time in Orlando and in Vegas, great fun!

Thanks mate, and cheers for the info too!