American Experience: Walt Disney | Inside Universal Forums

American Experience: Walt Disney

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Oct 12, 2009
East Central Florida
Not sure if this is new or old, but I kept wondering why my DVR was recording tonight so I checked... I had seen that it was coming to PBS a week or two or so I clicked record. It is on now I guess but I am glad I will have it to watch tomorrow or in a few days. Look for it to be rebroadcast soon!

I was just watching part 1. Very interesting. It shows some of the dark sides of Walt Disney besides the goody goody normal stuff we usually see.

Wow, I never knew how "Steve-Jobs-like" Walt Disney was; how much of a chip he had on his shoulder. Like Jobs, he was an incredible visionary but also like Jobs it was his way or the highway. I also never knew that when all of his artists formed/joined the guild/union he withdrew from being as involved with animation projects beginning with Cinderella. That's also when he turned to the hobby of trains and inevitably Disneyland.

My takeaway was that he was a very talented a$$hole.

Thanks for flagging this up Teebin. Watched part one, it is a story I pretty much having read countless books but a few new snippets in there also great to see all the old photos and video footage. Looking forward to watching part two as I cross the Atlantic tomorrow.