Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Andor

So, in a surprising thing to me, given I haven't heard a single person excited for this show, supporting actor on the show Stellan Skargard has mentioned that production on a Season 2 is a go sometime this "autumn".

As long as it's true, it gives me confidence in the show if they are willing to renew a show that has 12 episodes just for its first season, then I gotta hope it's pretty good.

This show was mentioned on the Investors call as having a release date in the coming quarter, presumably after Obi-Wan, which is coming out on May 25th.

It's rumored from Star Wars insider source, Bespin Bulletin, that this show is on target for an August release. This is a 12-episode show, so if they only release one episode per week, it will last 3 months or so for D+. I don't think Disney will *launch* a 12-episode show with only one episode though. I think that they will release two if not three episodes when the show launches.

2-episode premiere:

I’m actually really excited for this film. Rogue One is flat out one of my favorite Star Wars projects, Disney-era or not, and I love that it was set sort of completely away from the Skywaylker saga, so it opens the door for this series to feel very original Compared to most Star Wars projects.

I'm telling you guys, this show is a sleeper and I think it's gonna be a big surprise to a lot of people. I'm really excited for it. The show just sounds so much more epic than the other Disney+ shows in scale and i've already brought up how they built a whole living environment to shoot in on a backlot instead of using the volume.

Gilroy is the element that really gets me excited for this show. He's a writer with a long track record, and while not everything with his name on it is great, I trust him a lot more than most of the Disney+ writers not named Jon Favreau (and he's not infallible, either).