Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Animal Kingdom Tips

GadgetGuru

Premium Member
Dec 2, 2011
Seattle, WA
Looks like I'll be headed down to Animal Kingdom (probably just Animal Kingdom) around Thanksgiving. Being the obsessive planner I am, I'm already thinking about dining.

Has Pandora's Canteen changed the dining scene at AK that much? What's now the best sit-down and what's the best quick service in the park?

Canteen does seem to be getting very good reviews, I can't say how good the food is as I don't go until Oct tho.

Re-pinging this thread because my vacation is coming up soon. Tiffins looks great and also super expensive. How hard is it to get walk-up reservations at Yak and Yeti?

I don’t think Yak N Yeti is too hard to get depending on crowds.

I’d say eat at the canteen, do the lounge/bar for something light and maybe a drink at Tiffins. Best of both worlds without breaking the wallet.

With it being thanksgiving why not do something special? head to Jiko at AKL after your park day one of the best onsite restaurants at WDW IMO. Eat quick service during the day and splash out in the evening.

With it being thanksgiving why not do something special? head to Jiko at AKL after your park day one of the best onsite restaurants at WDW IMO. Eat quick service during the day and splash out in the evening.
Right now, we're thinking the current plan is to spend a day at AK and then spend another day touring the resorts. We've never stayed on-site because we have close family in the Orlando area, so we wanted to checkout the resorts and grab a meal at one. Our resort day will be the Monday after Thanksgiving, so we're banking on lighter crowds at the resort restaurants. I was especially worried about getting a dining reservation at AK, since we're planning on going on Black Friday (eep!)

Thanks a lot for the Jiko suggestion. The menu sounds incredible.

Right now, we're thinking the current plan is to spend a day at AK and then spend another day touring the resorts. We've never stayed on-site because we have close family in the Orlando area, so we wanted to checkout the resorts and grab a meal at one. Our resort day will be the Monday after Thanksgiving, so we're banking on lighter crowds at the resort restaurants. I was especially worried about getting a dining reservation at AK, since we're planning on going on Black Friday (eep!)

Thanks a lot for the Jiko suggestion. The menu sounds incredible.

No Probs, Ive been around four times and always had great food and top service only WDW restaurant that beats it (for me) is Cali Grill. I do like may others onsite but these are the two I prefer.

If you have kids with you the whispering canyon cafe at WL is a lot of fun.