Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Annual Pass Friends/Family Discount?

LSK

Apr 13, 2016
Orange County
Hello!  I'm a new, first time passholder and had a question about the discounted tickets for friends/family.  

My friends are going to go next week while I'm at work and haven't committed to a pass yet.  I was going to purchase their tickets for them so they get a little bit of a discount  ($5 off), but I want to make sure I don't need to be present at the front gate when they go.  The FAQ doesn't quite spell it out.  

Any assistance would be fantastic and much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the tickets have to be bought online to get the discount?  Or can I show up at the gate and get a discounted ticket for my friends on the spot?  The website doesn't really answer this.

In order to get the discount, it has to be done online through the Pass Member/EZ Rez system.  It appears you can get the discount online for same day purchases, even though it says you can't.  Hope that helps.

@LSK Hi, 

I believe if you print the tickets out, then the discount information should be printed onto the paper already.

To piggyback on this conversation...

I'm planning on going with some friends late September. If I buy the annual pass for a start date of Sept 30, could I buy the discounted tickets for my friends for the same day? Or do I have to use my annual pass before I can buy any discounted tickets?

To piggyback on this conversation...

I'm planning on going with some friends late September. If I buy the annual pass for a start date of Sept 30, could I buy the discounted tickets for my friends for the same day? Or do I have to use my annual pass before I can buy any discounted tickets?

You somehow need to get your annual pass number, which is printed on the actual annual pass card. In my experience, I bought an annual pass online and printed out the PDF they emailed me. When this was scanned at the turnstile, they printed out a card to use for future visits. The AP number required for buying discounted tickets was only printed on the card, not the PDF.

But maybe there's some other way to buy an AP where you get the card before your first visit? I'm not sure.