Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Annual pass onsite hotel discount?

Ridgepole

VIP Member
Feb 19, 2018
I have tried for years but have NEVER gotten this highly touted benefit. Anybody else?

Ya. I could have booked big suites in the past for major money. Not the discount I was looking for. I usually go king club at RP.

Book in advance and use the APH code. Because UOR does not run the hotels they have to have blocks of rooms set aside for pass holders (like if you had a wedding and wanted discounts for rooms you'd get a "room block"). So if they sell and don't add more (or can't) you won't get the discount. It's a negative with how UOR runs their resorts vs WDW.

I just feel the carrot is misleading. I'm looking at booking next fall/winter and am getting the same runaround. Even though I am a faithful stayer at RP. Seems like poor customer relations.

I just feel the carrot is misleading. I'm looking at booking next fall/winter and am getting the same runaround. Even though I am a faithful stayer at RP. Seems like poor customer relations.

Call them to see if the AP rooms have been set aside yet.

If you are booking during HHN you will not get a discount. You can get stay more if you stay more than 3 nights but not always.

The APH rates are not released that far in advance. They're out right now for stays thru 5/31/18. There are rarely APH discounts for Summer unless bookings are soft and they open them up pretty last minute.

You can always book and take a chance that you can have your rate adjusted or cxl/rebook if an APH becomes available or just wait to book when they become available at whatever resort has availability during the time frame you're looking for.

I've gotten them in the past, but there seems to be less availability the last couple of years. Generally, if you're staying a minimum of 6 or 7 days the Stay More discount is just as good or better.

That's my understanding. Thanks. Pretty flimsy benefit. I use the heck out of my pass benefits but the hotel I have yet to achieve. Stayed 5 nights at the first of March just and 30% off the $2500 would have tickled me. Oh well. Appreciate the input.