Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Just making an official thread.

Antarctica - Empire of the Penguin
will be SeaWorld Orlando’s biggest-ever attraction expansion, opening spring 2013.
Through the years, SeaWorld Orlando has taken you to far-flung corners of the globe, immersing you in exotic places and introducing them to unique worlds of adventure. But no journey is bigger -- or as incredible -- as the one to come in 2013. It’s a voyage to the bottom-of-the-world, to the coldest and windiest continent, to a place of ice more than 9,000 feet thick. It’s a journey to Antarctica and to the empire of the penguin.

You’ll be surrounded by the sights, sounds and awesome encounters found in this frozen place, embarking on a one-of-a-kind ride and an incredible family adventure. You’ll experience the mystery and wonder of life on the ice through the eyes of a penguin, sensing the beauty and drama of their sometimes-dangerous habitat. Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin combines closer-than-ever animal connections with state-of-the-art interactive ride technologies for adventures that are different each time. And, it’s safe to say Antarctica – Empire of the Penguin will be the coldest theme park attraction in the world!

A year-and-a-half from opening at SeaWorld Orlando, details are few. For now, SeaWorld Orlando’s Antarctica will stay as mysterious as its namesake continent.

photos from today

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00224.jpg

^SeaWorld has animal housing centers across the state of Florida for animal re-launch purposes. Supposedly, some penguin species will be kept at those locations, while other species will be kept on-site in secondary locations.

^SeaWorld has animal housing centers across the state of Florida for animal re-launch purposes. Supposedly, some penguin species will be kept at those locations, while other species will be kept on-site in secondary locations.

What I heard the warm water (or was it fresh water) penguins got a brand new facility, and their old backstage facility was re-purposed for the on display antarctic penguins... since it would be too much stress to relocate them to other zoos and be in quarantine not to mention other zoos use are doing the season lighting patterns differently.

I am really liking the Turtle Trek theming! Looks great... Very excited to see what kind of ride the Antarctica will be... Very curious! Glad to see SeaWorld really making quick progress on this!

Here's a great shot that a Twitter friend took last Saturday.

They are digging a gaping hole right in between the former gift shop and Penguin Encounter. The rest of the square is already totally emptied out

DSC01470.jpg

Thnx and credits: Eric M. Davis

Well now we know what buildings are staying and getting redone. I am really excited about this addition but am I the only one wondering about the location. I mean where is the flow :lol: You have the Keys, the Lost City, and giant sea monster, the pacific, and a seaside village surrounding Polar Ice caps? Its still going to be amazing and is a huge move in the right direction for SeaWorld.

Is this over by the cut through to the convention center?