What's new
Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Antojitos Coming to CityWalk (USH)

Interesting how quickly that happened. I knew it's lease was up soon but was expecting to hear sooner. Hopefully something decent replaces it (i'm leaning towards Cowfish or Antojitos)

I also wonder what will be the long term fate of Wasabi. Isn't it the last remaining original restaurant?

But if they are trying to make our Citywalk more similar to Orlando... well, there's no Japanese place over there (save for a small counter service). So unless you count Cowfish, there's no real counterpart.

Welp, CityWalk is without a descent Mexican place. I'd love to see Cowfish, but I'm rooting for Antojitos. I love me a good Mexican place.

Super, SUPER unlikely, but I would LOVE CityWalk to get a Korean BBQ place. That would be my go-to restaurant to eat at before HHN.

I hope our version of Antojitos is open for lunch and not be dinner only like the one in Orlando.

@Brian G. can point me if I'm wrong or not, but I think they've extended Antojito's to be open for the afternoons.

__

I have heard great things of Antojito's from Orlando. And I know a certain Thinkwell designer that is more than giddy with this reveal. Can't wait to see what comes out of it.

I've eaten there twice. Loved the vibe, but it has a whole lot more floor space in Orlando, so not sure how it will be shoehorned into the existing space.

I did like the food better than Camacho's, but also wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.

On a side note, makes me wonder what will happen (if anything) to Wasabi. There really isn't an equivalent Japanese restaurant in Orlando (though there is a counter service). Cowfish would be the closest bet.

It's actually a bit of a bummer to be getting all the exact same properties... part of what makes Citywalk special are the unique places you can't get on the other coast. On the other hand, I guess next time I visit Orlando, I don't need to spend a lot of time at their Citywalk. :/

I've eaten there twice. Loved the vibe, but it has a whole lot more floor space in Orlando, so not sure how it will be shoehorned into the existing space.

I did like the food better than Camacho's, but also wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be.

On a side note, makes me wonder what will happen (if anything) to Wasabi. There really isn't an equivalent Japanese restaurant in Orlando (though there is a counter service). Cowfish would be the closest bet.

It's actually a bit of a bummer to be getting all the exact same properties... part of what makes Citywalk special are the unique places you can't get on the other coast. On the other hand, I guess next time I visit Orlando, I don't need to spend a lot of time at their Citywalk. :/
It has way too much floor space imo. The place is never close to full.

Last edited:
Okay Flordia locals, is this place good?

I'm not a Florida local, but I have eaten there a few times. It's fine, but not as good as other Mexican restaurants we have in L.A. But then, Camacho's wasn't that great either. Hopefully they update the food with a more socal flavor than what they have in Orlando. Black beans ain't gonna fly here. Their table side guac is good, but that's not very unique in socal.

I find it interesting that they announce a closure and a replacement within two weeks time.

Spoke to Bartender at Vivo last night and he said Universal in planning a January opening for the new restaurant. Looking at the progress of construction that seems about right. I would have thought they could do a quicker turnover but we will see.