Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Any Runners? Darkside questions ...

Hi All.

New to the boards and haven't seen anything about the marathons, so if the questions have already been answered, please direct me there :)

The two of us are Canadian. My husband and I are running the Starwars Darkside challenge (10 k one day and then the 1/2 marathon the next day) in April :) I'm not sure it'll be cool enough for us at the end of the 1/2 :)

We don't have anything booked yet. Wondering if Art of Animation is a good place to stay (or a recommendation). i know that the bus will take you from anywhere, just wondering if anyone has experienced this. We are not planning on spending a ton of time in our hotel room, I've stayed at all star before, just wondering if there's much difference.

I understand the start/finish/package pickup will be around Wide World of Sports. I've been to Disneyworld a few times and remember driving past it on the bus, but never had any reason to go there. I've heard the busing in and out of there was a gong show last year?

We will also be spending at least most of the day after the 10 k in the waterpark. Is the waterpark add on worth it? We aren't big park hopper people, but I think Canadians can get park hoppers at a discounted rate right now, just wondering how the water park + works. The disney website isn't really clear on that ( or i didn't see it) Can you go to a waterpark every day if you buy a 4 day pass and add the waterpark and more option? (not that we would want to , but maybe do some mini golf etc.)

The entire trip will be a 10 day trip, we are considering "moving" to a universal hotel mid trip. Would this be advised? Are the hotel "perks" worth it for universal? I haven't been there in sometime, and remember doing both universal parks in one day. I imagine a ton has changed since Harry Potter has arrived tho:)

Sorry this post is so long.. any other tips/suggestions are appreciated :)