Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

AP Renewal

violarum

Premium Member
Oct 5, 2009
peregrine woods
Anyone know how long you have from the time your pass expires to your date of renewal so you can get the discount? My Preferred expired April 10th, and it's been torturous trying to get money since then, but I finally found a freelance web/graphic design client, so yeah.

How much is a renewal?

It might make more sense getting a new pass with the 3 mo free promo (15 months) versus renewing and only having 10 mos.

Just compare how the price would breakdown monthly.

I wasn't able to access the renewal price from the Universal Orlando website, but from the AAA website, it says the renewal for the preferred AP is $159.99 ($154.99 with AAA membership).

^ This is what I do, it ends up being like this.

Requires down payment of $119.81 and 11 monthly payments of $10.90

Hm... I might actually do that eventually. The only problem is that with strictly doing freelance and moving out next year and paying that much per month, I'm not sure if that'll become a cost I need to get rid of. But I totally forgot about that guys, thanks!

I have a question about Annual Passes. If I were to buy one ahead of time, the year doesn't start until I first use it, correct? And, if I preorder my Annual Pass, will I get the pin number, etc that I need to buy a the AP Rush of Fear Pass?

I have a question about Annual Passes. If I were to buy one ahead of time, the year doesn't start until I first use it, correct? And, if I preorder my Annual Pass, will I get the pin number, etc that I need to buy a the AP Rush of Fear Pass?

I believe the year starts when you purchase it, but I could be wrong.

With Universal it starts the day you use it and they make you pay for parking on that first day as well.

I recall that day so well, all the lit told me I would have to pay parking the first day... but the lady in the booth when I questioned said, no, you're all set. I parked free.

Thats great, for you. Universal has screwed me over multiple times on parking and I'm a pass holder. About every 6-8 months I pull up and give the attendant my pass. They quickly turn to me and say oh I'm sorry its expired. I give them a dear in a headlight look and PAY for parking. I then have to go wait in the customer service line from hell and get a refund because for some reason my pass didn't show up in the computer. Then they have to print out a new one and I am good to go.

I read the fine print on the website and it says date of first use, so between that and you guys, that seems to be the case.

And the first time I was an AP, I had to pay for parking as well. So dumb. This time, I'll be getting dropped off.