Arcade | Inside Universal Forums

Arcade

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It totally should be a lounge. Add some old Hollywood theming and make it a nice "Actor's Lounge" type spot, would be cool. Would be a nice little area to relax!

While we're at it, let's continue that theme and make it so that the Lower Lot is renamed Production Central and that we're actors/extras visiting the soundstages/sets where Jurassic Park, Mummy, and Transformers are filming. And they can add some random props, camera rigs and dollys and cranes and other equipment as theming/photo opps. Make it look like we're right in the middle of a backlot surrounded by these films which are "in production". I'd personally love that. The upper lot can have more of the "different themed lands" feel, but since JP, Trans, and Mummy are so close together, it'd be impossible to make them all into lands. So a general but highly themed "production theming" to the lower lot would be so much fun!

Honestly?

They should move the BTTF DeLorean in there and make it a full-on BTTF museum with various props and such for the 30th anniversary.

Y'know, because that'd be a little better than the supposed "gift" of a Broadway musical. (such a weird choice)

Reactions: steve and Bonkers
Honestly?

They should move the BTTF DeLorean in there and make it a full-on BTTF museum with various props and such for the 30th anniversary.

Y'know, because that'd be a little better than the supposed "gift" of a Broadway musical. (such a weird choice)
You know, I like that idea too ;)

Speaking of the musical, can you imagine if they brought it to USH in place of SES? As wild as that may sound, maybe if the show is actually good, it'd be cool at USH. Creature wasn't hated because it was a musical, it was hated just because it was unbelievably awkward to watch.

I don't know Universal. Do you really think people are going to be all, "Well, we can skip Potter for now. It's just a quick six minute escalator ride down to Starbucks!"

I get the idea of placing it there but more guests are going to be annoyed about it than anything else.

Reactions: William
The addition of a Starbucks somewhere in Universal Plaza or the surrounding area would've been an ideal first location. Its placement may work for now due to the fact that most of the park's rides are in the Lower Lot, but once we've got little wizards running around the Upper Lot, restless parents are gonna want their damn coffee.

100% would've been better if placed in Flinlay's. Finlay's as a whole has to be the most random addition Universal has done in recent memory. Random name, weird color choice, and rather large but nice looking building for generic snacks. Should've been Starbucks....

Although, I wouldn't mind TWO starbucks locations. One in Arcade, one in Finlays. Although I'd rather the Arcade space be used for something else...

They already serve Starbucks Coffee throughout the Upper Lot through multiple venders. I'm not sure what the issue is having a dedicated station downstairs.

I'm sure they're looking to expand the coffee options throughout the park, so it's not like you're entirely forced to head to the Lower Lot.

My issue is that although most of the Upper Lot vendors sell Starbucks, there isn't much to choose from. It'd just be a lot easier (and nicer, mind you) to have a full-fledged location.

Does anyone remember In the old arcade  The Star Trek Adventure Costumes they had hanging on the walls?