Gotham Knights | Inside Universal Forums

Gotham Knights

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 12, 2018
WB Montreal has tweeted a teaser for he sequel to Arkham Origins

My guess, its gonna be Court Of Owls vs League Of Assasins. Can't wait for this game. Any Arkham fans out there?

To bring this up, this is the first WBMontreal title since Origins (excluding MMO's and DLC). And honestly, that game was a black sheep and it deserved more love.

Note that it seems to be of 4 groups, factions if you want to go technical. Part of me wonders if this is setting up the Order of Saint Dumas having a role on-top of the League and Court. And that doesn't even beg the question of the fourth group! Super pumped, as it's been a long time since WBMontreal's been cooking.

Guessing The Game Awards reveal, with a release window for Late Spring.

Reactions: Jaden
I always thought Origins had the best story and boss fights of the series. If this new title can do those aspects right, I’ll buy a copy on release day (as I have for all the games sans Asylum).

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
Origins deserves a remastered edition. I thought the game was pretty good, and boss battles were better than Arkham Knight.

DP I know, but somethings I like to see for this game are

- No Joker as the main villain again
- Day/Night cycle
- No overuse of any vehicles
- NO EXCESSIVE AMOUNT OF RIDDLER TROPHIES!!! Riddles are fine.
- New gadgets
- No "one night" plot
- Larger map
- Batcycle and Batwing
- Free roam as other characters
- More side missions
- Good story

Some villains I want to see:
- Court Of Owls
- Killer Moth
- Maxie Zues
- The Ventriloquist
- Prometheus
- Great White Shark
- Flamingo
- KGBeast

Returning:
- Two Face
- Deathstroke
- Deadshot
- Clayface
- Penguin
- Poison Ivy

So I was beginning to step away from Video Games when Arkham Asylum was released but I picked it up and loved it. By the time Arkham City came out it was pretty much the only game I had bought since Asylum and I thought it was even better. After that I really lost track of the whole gaming world until 2017 when loving the McElroy Brothers brought me back to learning about games.

Last year I picked up a PS4 and Spider-Man (My first video game since Arkham City) and fell in love in fact I still swing around in the post-game to this day. After beating the main story I set out to pick up some other games that I had missed, my first was Arkham Knight and after an hour or two I kind of... stopped, the whole thing felt slow and ugly in a post Spider-Man world.

So I am always looking forward to more Super Hero Games but they are going to have to do a lot to not be a little disappointing now.

Welp no Arkham 2020 reveal for VGA today, which sucks because I sat there for a while waiting for the reveal. Well atleast theres Wolf Among Us 2.

Well heres hoping for E3 2020?

I’m getting mixed vibes from this. Having to play Nightwing, Red Hood, Batgirl, and Robin seems nice with their different play styles. Graphics look nice and the city looks amazing, and the Court of Owls look insane. However, I’m getting some serious Avengers vibes from this and not in a good way. The combat system from the Arkham games we’re much better, and the voice doesn’t feel right like Alfred for example. Lastly, I hope they get rid of the damage numbers and enemy health bar, because that’s where it feels like Avengers to me.

I’ll reserve further judgement since this is the alpha, so I’m hoping some changes are made.

Last edited:
I like the set up...but hate the leveling system

Not once have I played a game where enemies having levels in an open world game more fun....always means there is grinding. I think they are going to have packs to buy things to make you stronger like in the last lord of the rings game.....but the gameplay looks fun but doubt its going to have easy mode which i think legally should be in every game so people can just have fun if they want and not have to grind