Art of Universal Orlando | Inside Universal Forums

Art of Universal Orlando

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 24, 2013
Ocean Trader Market
Got to talking with a few people on twitter that if Universal released a book on the creative and concept art of the resort, we'd buy it fast. Someone reached out to Jason Surrell and this is what he had to say

Trying to get some more info if there's anything fans can do to help. I would absolutely love it if they released a Art of.. book.

Update: Mr. Surrell said it couldn't hurt to write an email to the parks. " If they get the sense that there's a big market for an item they'd be selling."

Update 2: If you'd like like to see a book or books published about Universal Creative's work, write a polite letter here: http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/contactus or you can write a paper letter to Universal Orlando Resort, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819-7610

Last edited:
Reactions: Mad Dog and WAJAS
Got to talking with a few people on twitter that if Universal released a book on the creative and concept art of the resort, we'd buy it fast. Someone reached out to Jason Surrell and this is what he had to say

Trying to get some more info if there's anything fans can do to help. I would absolutely love it if they released a Art of.. book.

Update: Mr. Surrell said it couldn't hurt to write an email to the parks. " If they get the sense that there's a big market for an item they'd be selling."

Update 2: If you'd like like to see a book or books published about Universal Creative's work, write a polite letter here: http://www.visitorsatisfaction.com/contactus or you can write a paper letter to Universal Orlando Resort, 1000 Universal Studios Plaza, Orlando, FL 32819-7610
I would love a book like this. I can't believe there isn't one already. I would also hope that it takes a more detailed approach and less fluffy language. The Disney ones always seems to be very fluffy.

I would love a book like this. I can't believe there isn't one already. I would also hope that it takes a more detailed approach and less fluffy language. The Disney ones always seems to be very fluffy.
I believe it. Universal does not value its history or nostalgia. Disney does (to an extent that suits them.) It would require a major shift in corporate culture.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I believe it. Universal does not value its history or nostalgia. Disney does (to an extent that suits them.) It would require a major shift in corporate culture.
Yes.....Perhaps the major shift in other areas of Universal culture, since the Comcast purchase, will reach this area also in the future.