Asylum in Wonderland 3D | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

Asylum in Wonderland 3D

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This is towards the bottom of my list. 3D houses are a huge hit or miss. In-Between was fantastic. Everything else has been overly meh. Plus, new location being used for the first time... I don't know.

You'd imagine this house will use the vortex... but can it fit in Shrek? I'm not entirely sure this is actually in Shrek. Could be in the tent in KidZone.

This is towards the bottom of my list. 3D houses are a huge hit or miss. In-Between was fantastic. Everything else has been overly meh. Plus, new location being used for the first time... I don't know.

You'd imagine this house will use the vortex... but can it fit in Shrek? I'm not entirely sure this is actually in Shrek. Could be in the tent in KidZone.
The location is very concerning but other than that I think this will be a hit. As I said before you really can't pick a better thing to base a trippy 3D house on and it's based off one of the best scare zones of all time. I have hope

Reactions: anihilnation
I wonder if they could use some outside space also? Perhaps the vortex could be outside and serve as the entrance? This one is going to be really interesting as it's logistically completely unknown to us.

Is it bad that I really want them to use "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane as the queue or entrance music? I think it would be fitting.

Also, does anybody have a sense or expectation of how they're going to implement the 3D in this house? Will it be used for In-Between style effects scare and environments? Or will it be more like Penn & Teller, where its more of an added decoration? I know we won't know until opening, but I'm just curious.

Is it bad that I really want them to use "White Rabbit" by Jefferson Airplane as the queue or entrance music? I think it would be fitting.
That would be amazing!! Especially since this house seems to have a little bit of a psychedelic style to it.

I'm thinking it may have a tunnel similar to In-Between but then something like P&T but more muted. For any of those that have been going for awhile, the 3-d house from Universal's Creature Features in 3-D! (1999) or possibly even Jack's Funhouse in Clown-O-Vision (2007). The colors popped but they weren't as bright and muddy as P&T

I'm guessing the first room will most likely be the asylum and then we go through the rabbit hole (spinning vortex). I just hope the Tulgey Woods get a trippy scene.

Ok so out of all the costumes shown off for this years media event, I was insanely impressed by the ones in here. That straight jacket with the bunny mask is legit and the tweedle tweak mask is just oosing with horrible details. Again I'm insanely confident about this one

Reactions: Lucky Planet
has no one been able to get pictures of the shrek queue by just going into the regular queue? or can you not see it from there?

has no one been able to get pictures of the shrek queue by just going into the regular queue? or can you not see it from there?
Is there supposed to be anything in the queue? I assumed everything would be inside.

Is there supposed to be anything in the queue? I assumed everything would be inside.

I believe you are correct. I believe the house begins through an employee entrance and will continue through the 2nd theater and the preshow room before exiting backstage by the Transformers M&G

So I got on this house last night, and I'm still very confused on the layout. I know it doesn't start in the pre-show room, but does the house ever make its way over there and into the theaters? I really love this location though, I hope they keep it for future years.

Only thing I don't like is how the queue entrance is done, because you lose that entire street in order to cut through to the front again.

So I got on this house last night, and I'm still very confused on the layout. I know it doesn't start in the pre-show room, but does the house ever make its way over there and into the theaters? I really love this location though, I hope they keep it for future years.
I think the Vortex tunnel leads into the theater and then most of it in there.

It is a little confusing trying to figure out where you are, I would love to see a layout of this. I am assuming when you go up the ramp you are going into the theater and then likewise leaving the theater when you go down the ramp. With this in mind it seems like you go through the theater first then some other area at the end I think.

Reactions: anihilnation
Did they rip the seats out, or does the layout just simply go around them? Taking out the seats seems like a lot of work considering the electronics, water sprayers, ect...

My understanding is they took the seats out but had to build a platform over where the seats go to protect the mechanics/electronics.

Reactions: Narc