Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Supposedly this wasn't happening, and available to this extent, in past years. And, it seems Disney tries to manipulate their web site to get people to book the deluxe resorts, that have been lagging in bookings. They show values and moderates as being unavailable, when in reality, they are. These seem to be signs that there are indeed signals that there may be cracks in the WDW system. And that's why I thought the canary in the coal mine is the more appropriate phrase to describe what is really happening, even though Joe is right that they're (TP) technically referring to Canary Chrome in their article. These deals seem to be available at all times of the year now. I just pointed out Xmas week since that seems astounding in itself.

Oh it’s totally a canary in the coal mine, but that’s not what TP is labeling it as. No worries.

Yeah, this week is Jersey Week (all the kids have off for teachers convention), but also this was a cooler weather weekend when all the locals who are sick of summer finally leave their houses to be outdoors. This was the first weekend I've been in a park for any length of time since May simply because it was oppressively humid and hot.

Noticed some staffing issues at WDW this weekend that I can only attribute to cast being slashed. Rolled up at DAK Saturday afternoon, Marathon Weekend ... four of the 16 or 20 entrance turnstiles in use. Huge line. That night, the condiment bar outside Flame Tree was a mess--looked like custodial hadn't been by all day. Talking that night with a retired CM, she had said something in EPCOT earlier in the day because the restrooms were just destroyed. It sounds like front line CMs have been cut.

Noticed some staffing issues at WDW this weekend that I can only attribute to cast being slashed. Rolled up at DAK Saturday afternoon, Marathon Weekend ... four of the 16 or 20 entrance turnstiles in use. Huge line. That night, the condiment bar outside Flame Tree was a mess--looked like custodial hadn't been by all day. Talking that night with a retired CM, she had said something in EPCOT earlier in the day because the restrooms were just destroyed. It sounds like front line CMs have been cut.
Hmm, I've seen things get this way on busy days from time to time...But I wouldn't be surprised to hear about cut staff

Holy crap, MK is CRAZY today! Welcome to Jersey week and a week where there are only a couple of "full" days for guests with no holiday parties and other events causing early close of MK.

MK closes at 6pm for six of the next ten days! Due to 7pm+ ticketed events!!

MK on one day has ticketed events before and after;
7D4CF12E-3406-44CF-A284-4D0CE819A958.jpeg

I guess they will do this most days for SW:GE

Orlando was slammed with crowds yesterday (Monday Nov. 18th). One of the few times I've seen straight Touring Plan's Crowd Level 10's at all 6 parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, USF, IOA). Really highly unusual for the Monday of Thanksgiving week. Even Touring Plans was caught flatfooted. They predicted Level 5 crowd levels for the most part. If these level's holds up this may end up one of the strongest Thanksgiving weeks. (Keeping in mind that crowd levels are a measure of how crowded a park feels and are not actual attendance counts. But they are strong indicators)......Note: NBC Today show just ran a story predicting the strongest Thanksgiving travel week in 12 years....

Last edited:
Orlando was slammed with crowds yesterday (Monday Nov. 18th). One of the few times I've seen straight Touring Plan's Crowd Level 10's at all 6 parks (MK, Epcot, AK, DHS, USF, IOA). Really highly unusual for the Monday of Thanksgiving week. Even Touring Plans was caught flatfooted. They predicted Level 5 crowd levels for the most part. If these level's holds up this may end up one of the strongest Thanksgiving weeks. (Keeping in mind that crowd levels are a measure of how crowded a park feels and are not actual attendance counts. But they are strong indicators)......Note: NBC Today show just ran a story predicting the strongest Thanksgiving travel week in 12 years....

Came up on local radio this morning. More and more schools seem to be going the college route and taking the full week off (which itself was a new thing in the 90s).

Just a guess, but if Touring Plans didn't predict this, Disney probably didn't either, so they didn't price accordingly. Much like Fall Break a few years ago, it becomes the most affordable option when kids are out of school.

Came up on local radio this morning. More and more schools seem to be going the college route and taking the full week off (which itself was a new thing in the 90s).

Just a guess, but if Touring Plans didn't predict this, Disney probably didn't either, so they didn't price accordingly. Much like Fall Break a few years ago, it becomes the most affordable option when kids are out of school.
WDW & Universal priced the entire week at their Maximum level. But I wonder if they were prepared, staffing wise, for such a large Monday crowd.

All parks look pretty busy again today. Touring Plans subscribers are going to be complaining again. They didn't predict busy crowds until Wednesday at both WDW & Universal. You know it's real busy when Twirl & Hurl is 35 to 40 minutes.

All parks look pretty busy again today. Touring Plans subscribers are going to be complaining again. They didn't predict busy crowds until Wednesday at both WDW & Universal. You know it's real busy when Twirl & Hurl is 35 to 40 minutes.

What happened? :lol: