1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Attendance Decline?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Galaxy Defender, Jul 5, 2016.

1. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia BANNED

To note:

• Lower results at Walt Disney World Resort were driven by higher costs and fewer occupied room nights, partially offset by growth in guest spending and attendance, although both were negatively impacted by Hurricane Irma. Higher costs were primarily due to increases in labor and employee benefits, depreciation and marketing. Guest spending growth was due to increased food and beverage spending and higher average daily hotel room rates. Available hotel room nights were lower due to refurbishments and conversions to vacation club units.

So... Even with DHS seriously lagging, Epcot and AK's gains this year made up for it, and Epcot's Food/Wine helped out along with more expensive room.

2. Jon84

Jon84 Have you tried turning it off and on again? Premium Member

Looks like the DLP 25th celebrations are paying off, the parks were much busier for the time of year than usual when I was there last month.

3. GadgetGuru

GadgetGuru Veteran Member

It's interesting that Epcot has been able to use events alone to drive up attendance.

I wonder how much of that is attributed to Orlando's boom. Also, I hope Disney doesn't use that growth to justify lessening Epcot's eventual overhaul.

SeventyOne likes this.
  4. epcyclopedia

epcyclopedia BANNED

I wouldn’t say “alone.” Soarin revamp uses the added capacity. Frozen is popular as ever, and M:S is holding a decent wait time with its revamp as well.

The mentality finally seems to be moving away from Eisner’s lie that Epcot can’t grow and was a “mature asset.”

SeventyOne likes this.
  5. bob albert

bob albert Member

Orlando boom is going to help spike attendance everywhere. Epcot has far and away the most options for locals on the cheap to enter and spend money.

SeventyOne and Coasted like this.
  6. Joe

Joe aka TestTrack321 Staff Member Moderator

That's what caused Disney to be in this whole mess of MM+ and stagnant parks to begin with.