Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

I mean, HHN days are pretty much as peak season as you can get at Universal. I don't know if that's any surprise that there's no rooms available on most HHN nights.
Yep, book early...I learned the hard way last year

All the hotels were booked for Irma as well...whatever that means haha

Yep, book early...I learned the hard way last year

All the hotels were booked for Irma as well...whatever that means haha
My point was more that this thread is titled “Attendance Decline?”. It should come as no surprise that these hotels are all booked during one of the busiest times of the year for UOR.

What would be more of a story is if there was a large swath of rooms empty during HHN.

My point was more that this thread is titled “Attendance Decline?”. It should come as no surprise that these hotels are all booked during one of the busiest times of the year for UOR.

What would be more of a story is if there was a large swath of rooms empty during HHN.
I get all these threads mixed up...For some reason I though this was the HHN thread

But yes, room occupancy is very telling...Everything seems full

I mean, HHN days are pretty much as peak season as you can get at Universal. I don't know if that's any surprise that there's no rooms available on most HHN nights.

according to the AP site, all hotels have openings in September, multiple.
Hotels.com shows you can book an 8 night stay last week of October at AV, RP and PF with room choices at RP and PF. Just sayin. Added this to deflect the "oh Sept. is not the prime time" posts.:grin: Trying to keep it real. If I change to a 5 night search at the end of Oct. All hotels have openings with multiple room choices.
A reminder to AP holders or those planning on getting an AP for their stay, check those AP rates starting about a month before your planned trip and keep checking. Cancel the first and jump on the better rate if available.
This actually should have it's own thread and be updated and front and center all the time. Can save people lots of money.

Last edited:
according to the AP site, all hotels have openings in September, multiple.
Hotels.com shows you can book an 8 night stay last week of October at AV, RP and PF with room choices at RP and PF. Just sayin. Added this to deflect the "oh Sept. is not the prime time" posts.:grin: Trying to keep it real. If I change to a 5 night search at the end of Oct. All hotels have openings with multiple room choices.
A reminder to AP holders or those planning on getting an AP for their stay, check those AP rates starting about a month before your planned trip and keep checking. Cancel the first and jump on the better rate if available.
This actually should have it's own thread and be updated and front and center all the time. Can save people lots of money.
What's the website URL?

Thread title 'Park attendance showing significant softness heading into Fall 2018'. Just posted by the Administrator on WDW Magic a couple of hours ago, and thread stated: "Word from inside the park (WDW) is that there are signs of some significant slowdown in attendance this month. Alarm bells are beginning to sound with various areas being asked to trim back labor and begin cost saving measures.....this is unexpected softness"..............................I bet the lines get real long like they were in Jan. & Feb. when they cut staffing and number of ride vehicles.

I wonder how projections are looking for Universal’s autumn? Too, I wonder if Disney lovers are more informed about the coming attractions there and are holding off their vacations. Otherwise, gas prices are down, economy is hopping... just doesn’t make sense.

I wonder how projections are looking for Universal’s autumn? Too, I wonder if Disney lovers are more informed about the coming attractions there and are holding off their vacations. Otherwise, gas prices are down, economy is hopping... just doesn’t make sense.
Looking at touring plans crowd scores for September, Universal is looking soft to this point also. But HHN is a real traffic generator, so that may keep things OK on Universal's side once it begins. And it seems like they have a pretty solid HHN lineup this fall.

In MK just now and it feels relatively quiet compared to previous visits. I think the wait times are also being inflated for some reason.

I spoke to a lot of regular visitors to Orlando before my trip and it seems like most are putting off their trips indefinitely and those who are visiting next year are swearing that it will be their last.

I’ll make a proper post about it later and I’ll get into the reasons why.

In MK just now and it feels relatively quiet compared to previous visits. I think the wait times are also being inflated for some reason.

I spoke to a lot of regular visitors to Orlando before my trip and it seems like most are putting off their trips indefinitely and those who are visiting next year are swearing that it will be their last.

I’ll make a proper post about it later and I’ll get into the reasons why.
Stand by wait times have had drastic rises the past two years due to staffing cuts. Touring Plans has had to adjust their crowd numbers numerous times due to that. Lesser crowds do not necessarily translate into significant shorter stand by lines like they did in previous years .

Stand by wait times have had drastic rises the past two years due to staffing cuts. Touring Plans has had to adjust their crowd numbers numerous times due to that. Lesser crowds do not necessarily translate into significant shorter stand by lines like they did in previous years .

Space Mountain this morning only had one side and one platform loading. 50min wait time.

Yeah, that's what they've been doing. Low crowds and still long lines. No real advantage anymore going during the slow season. They just screw you with staff cuts and you end up standing in long lines anyway.

You have to make those early FP reservations worth it by forcing on site stays. $$$

You have to make those early FP reservations worth it by forcing on site stays. $$$
Yeah, the general benchmark is 80% FP and 20% stand by (sometimes it's altered by a couple percentage points depending on the ride) let through on rides, so yes, no fastpass, you're screwed.

I split my time between Northwest Arkansas and Memphis and the number 1 complaint are either the cost or long lines.

For 250 bucks I can get my family Gold passes for Six Flags and visit any damn park they have on it.

Case in point, We'll get 2019 passes this fall via their takeover of crappy Frontier City but we'll hit up a half dozen of their parks next summer.

SF and Cedar along with Herschend are busy building new rides galore. Cedar Fair set records for August attendance.