Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Attendance Tracker

Prices are part of the problem, but people have demonstrated they will pay stupid money for a quality Disney experience. They don't want to pay stupid money only to find it impossible to ride the newest bestest attractions without standing in line for hours, or relegated to standing and eating while resting your plate on a trash can because of booked TS restaurants and overwhelmed QS restaurants.

Bingo. Disney wants to charge prices for an experience they no longer want to offer. You pay more because of excess, Disney has cut any and all excess (capacity, seating, transportation, etc) out

Hopefully Universal catches on to what is happening to WDW and do just the opposite or more than the opposite.
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:...Best post of the month......and please Universal, when you roll out your Magic Band type system next summer, please do not have it connected with rides, short of hotel & paid Express. No Tapu Tapu or Virtual lines BS please, or you'll be digging your own grave.

So, who is it let’s say, at UOR who sits around deciding that they need virtual queues and such? Is it the president of UOR, marketing, operations, UC or a combo of them all?

Does anyone here have a knowledgeable sense of how such things play out?

Overwhelming is a word thrown around describing everything about a WDW vacation. Too much Pre-planning, too crowded, and too expensive.

This is so on point. This is my last day at Disney and I’m honestly a little relieved. I wasn’t particularly looking forward to visiting Universal outside of Volcano Bay but the idea of having time to relax is the best thing in the world right now.

I’ll be sure to make a post about all my thoughts on staying at Disney in my own thread.

Currently at TL and I’ve visited here since 92 and I’ve never seen it any where near this quiet. I don’t think the new water park bus situation is helping things either.

The more I hear about the lower crowd levels, the more excited I am about our WDW visit in a few weeks. Our APs run out in October, so we are taking one last F&W trip with them as well as an AP discounted room at POR. Made a few FP+ reservations but not really worried about trying to do too much on this trip. Lots of eating and drinking will be just fine. .
:toast:

So, who is it let’s say, at UOR who sits around deciding that they need virtual queues and such? Is it the president of UOR, marketing, operations, UC or a combo of them all?

Does anyone here have a knowledgeable sense of how such things play out?
I thought it was a UC decision and then ops figures out how to make it work

And then the President says "Egad! It's going to cost how much" then his monocle pops out

Is this a sign of the issue at hand or is it a common offering?

I don't know if that's offered much or not,since I don't follow their special offerings,,,BUT looking at Touring Plans daily 'observed' wait times, Universal looks softer this Sept. compared to the last few years. Not as slow as WDW, but pretty flat nonetheless. Like Dave said in another thread. Universal feeds off of Disney (and Disney feeds off Universal also, but probably to a lesser degree). So, with Disney being sooooo slow, it's probably affecting Universal a bit.

I don't know if that's offered much or not,since I don't follow their special offerings,,,BUT looking at Touring Plans daily 'observed' wait times, Universal looks softer this Sept. compared to the last few years. Not as slow as WDW, but pretty flat nonetheless. Like Dave said in another thread. Universal feeds off of Disney (and Disney feeds off Universal also, but probably to a lesser degree). So, with Disney being sooooo slow, it's probably affecting Universal a bit.
Universal has honestly been pretty dead lately. Like, to the point where you could literally RUN straight up Diagon Alley to Gringotts mid-afternoon without bumping into anyone.

And the wait is only 30 minutes or less once you get there.

Universal has honestly been pretty dead lately. Like, to the point where you could literally RUN straight up Diagon Alley to Gringotts mid-afternoon without bumping into anyone.

Yep. The 'observed' wait times for the major attractions have been really really low. Just one example, SpiderMan averaged 10 minutes yesterday, a non rain day. That's essentially walk on all day status......We ran into that kind of situation ( UK Triggs trip report, An Epic Adventure-A Live & Interactive Trip Report) on Labor Day at Cedar Point too. Parking lot was less than half full. Except for Steel Vengeance & Maverick super long lines (thus we didn't ride them), everything we rode was a walk on or less than 15 minutes real line time (their app had inflated wait times all day so we quit paying attention to it). We walked around a lot that day exploring the park for UK Trigg, had lunch, and spent just a bit over half a day in the park, & Mark still got in 16 coaster rides. We thought we'd have to spring for fastpasses but glad we didn't pre buy. On my many previous trips to Cedar Point, I was lucky to get in 7 or 8 coaster rides in a full day.

Last edited:
Ticket sales aren’t what make Universal money so these deals are virtually risk free. All the money is made once people buy stuff inside the park and since you have four days of passes to use now, might as well stay at an on-site resort!

That’s where the real profit is turned

Is this a sign of the issue at hand or is it a common offering?

It’s common.

We’re in the off season, I’d be more worried about not hitting projections than not having a ton of guests now.

Ticket sales aren’t what make Universal money so these deals are virtually risk free. All the money is made once people buy stuff inside the park and since you have four days of passes to use now, might as well stay at an on-site resort!

That’s where the real profit is turned
:thumbsup:....Total Revenue. Yep.

Plus, September has never been a busy time at either resort. HHN is the lifeline at UOR, Food & Wine/Not So Scary at WDW.

Although it is slightly strange that there's been no sell-outs of Not So Scary except for the first night... unless they've upped the cap? And even the first night was questionable as it was also media night so there was a lot of comps. They may have had it "sell out" so that was part of the coverage.