Avengerail | Inside Universal Forums

Avengerail

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I don't know how I feel about this. I was super excited until I saw the picture :lol:. I was actually one of the people who loved the Tronorail, so I don't mind seeing this. I just don't know how I feel about how they did it. But I'll hold off judgement till I see more.

Any and all advertising they can do for this and Brave will be done. This is all in reaction to losing 200+ Million on John Carter. Those two films are being counted on to make up for the huge loss last quarter.

Any and all advertising they can do for this and Brave will be done. This is all in reaction to losing 200+ Million on John Carter. Those two films are being counted on to make up for the huge loss last quarter.

Advertising via Monorail is something they've done before the tanking of Carter and Mars Needs Moms so I'm not so sure it's all straight reaction. They would do promotions like this regardless (though I'm sure it's not hurting the matter).

You made me giggle with this.

Aw, my five-year-old niece does that, too :)

This is not as good as tronorail was. What I liked about that was that it was a lightcycle that they worked onto the Monorail. This is just an Avengers poster slapped onto a monorail, and on the Magic Kingdom loop too which I'd rather if they had stuck with EPCOT. I'll have to keep my final judgements until I see it in person.

I am not a fan of any synergy that does not actually have any themed representation with the parks. It is literally just turning something into a big billboard.

I am not a fan of any synergy that does not actually have any themed representation with the parks. It is literally just turning something into a big billboard.

As a company that owns Marvel is it wrong to make innovative billboards for thousands upon thousands to see? They are selling a Disney product by it. I don't mind seeing Disney adverts at Disney.

ave396753LARGE.jpg

It totally looks that way :rofl: I guess he's propelling the monorail ;)

I'm telling you JOHN CARTER :lol: Pretty soon they will be wrapping the vehicles on rides to promote merchandise like Six Flags.

This is not as good as tronorail was. What I liked about that was that it was a lightcycle that they worked onto the Monorail. This is just an Avengers poster slapped onto a monorail, and on the Magic Kingdom loop too which I'd rather if they had stuck with EPCOT. I'll have to keep my final judgements until I see it in person.

Here is what Attractions Magazine had to say as to why they believe the MK monorail is getting the promo wrap this time:

This would be the second time a monorail has had a wrap installed to promote a film, the last one being for Tron: Legacy last March. While the “Tron-o-rail” took guests between Epcot and the Ticket and Transportation Center, rumors say the “Aveng-o-rail” or “Herorail” will take guests between Magic Kingdom and the Ticket and Transportation center, possibly due to restrictions with Universal Orlando Resort. Marvel is owned by Disney, but Universal has exclusive rights to use certain characters in East Coast theme parks. The Epcot monorail makes a loop inside Epcot.

Since the red monorail stays outside the confines of Magic Kingdom, the Avengers banner is supposedly allowed. Gotta love loopholes! :ears:

If their reasoning is true, I wonder what the specifics of Marvel properties' usage is, like if it promotes the Disney-backed film, rather than the characters themselves.

Last edited:
I don't think the fact that the EPCOT line goes through the EPCOT park on an elevated track at all. I think that is just looking into it more than it really matters. If it is indeed the case than they are being way careful. I think it is more the fact that they know that Magic Kingdom's line is going to get the most guests viewing it.

It is considered promotional, so it is equivalent to building cut outs for the merchandise in the parks. If anything it is more akin to that and billboards rather than an actual attraction.

Does anyone think it even makes more sense for Epcot? I mean, it does go through Future World, so it wouldn't make sense seeing the Avengers going through the park there. At least a light cycle is futuristic. I think it probably makes the most sense on the MK line for story as well as exposure.

Was in Epcot tonight and from what I gather expect to see it running on the Epcot line.