Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

So, are all those things going to open in the summer, or is that just a reminder all that will be coming at some point, starting this summer? The article seems intentionally vague lol.
Disney likes phased rollouts. That way they can force people to come back 2 or 3 times just to experience an entire land.

I don’t think Galaxy’s Edge was ever planned to be the way it was.

I had assumed that Rise would have opened in June/July in DL with a 6 week gap.

If it was, things would have been wildly different.
Yeah, but whether they wanted to or not, that’s how it worked out. I think this will blow up in Disney’s face worse than GE if Avengers Campus opens up and the one ride they have won’t even be open with the land! If a full-scale land with one ride has struggled with attendance how much more will a mini land, based on the most popular IP in the world, will struggle with just meet and greets and shops!?

Imagine they advertise with land with the ride and it says “NOW OPEN!!!” Every rational person will take that as everything that should be open will be open. If they go over there and the ride won’t be open with the land, they would understandably be PISSED.

Yeah, but whether they wanted to or not, that’s how it worked out. I think this will blow up in Disney’s face worse than GE if Avengers Campus opens up and the one ride they have won’t even be open with the land! If a full-scale land with one ride has struggled with attendance how much more will a mini land, based on the most popular IP in the world, will struggle with just meet and greets and shops!?

Imagine they advertise with land with the ride and it says “NOW OPEN!!!” Every rational person will take that as everything that should be open will be open. If they go over there and the ride won’t be open with the land, they would understandably be PISSED.

I don’t think that a phase opening is necessarily a bad idea but their execution with GE was horrendous.

I think this land’s issue isn’t going to be opening with the ride if that’s the route they go, it’s that the land doesn’t look all that good and given that the MCU is a cultural phenomenon, it should be something special.

Add into it that the Spider-Man ride looks like a weird concept and in all probability, the IOA version will be superior and 21 years old, it’s going to spark a huge debate about what the hell Disney were thinking.

But there IS going to be a Spiderman ride opening in 2020? Didn't Bug's Land just close in the latter part of 2018? That would be pretty quick for them.

But there IS going to be a Spiderman ride opening in 2020? Didn't Bug's Land just close in the latter part of 2018? That would be pretty quick for them.
2020 is what i've always heard for Spiderman. Part of it has to do with them using an already existing building (and expanding it) for Spidey, so they had a head start once construction started.

Go and check out orangegrove 55 new video we’re he answered my question about if a phase 3 will come to avengers campus opening this summer at Disney California adventure

God I hate that guy. He's been banned of twitter twice and doesn't respond to reasonable discussion at all.

Anyway, to answer BuenaVista28's postulation, Disney should open phase 1 first then do phase 2 before PHASE 3.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing these are what those stunt robots are being used for that they've been testing for a while now? That will be pretty incredible if they are actually able to get them implemented into the land for "shows".