Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

I’m interested to see the Spider-Man attraction, but it’s a tad redundant with TSMM not too far away. Absolutely no interest in the meet-and-greetpalooza or the food honestly.

Until the E-ticket arrives, it’s just a half baked New Fantasyland for older kids.

Nothing they've released for this has gotten me excited.
I'm looking forward to the Avengers ride, but we don't even fully know what it is yet or when it's coming. Everything in this initial rollout looks very half-baked and a lame way to integrate one of the most iconic superhero characters of all-time into the park.

The "Web Slingers" part of the attraction name is fine... it's the needless extra "A Spider-Man Adventure" that really sinks it. Overcomplication.

As for the ride itself, I'd already basically written it off, so the write-up didn't discourage me any further. Was this the first confirmation that Holland is voicing the character?

Im sorry but for their biggest film franchises, THIS is the best they can do? Clearly didn't learn that you need to open a land with your E ticket attraction. I don't doubt that E ticket ride has the potential to be incredible, but man this is so MEH. Like the Meh-est of Meh's. This is truly the best they could come up with?

Im sorry but for their biggest film franchises, THIS is the best they can do? Clearly didn't learn that you need to open a land with your E ticket attraction. I don't doubt that E ticket ride has the potential to be incredible, but man this is so MEH. Like the Meh-est of Meh's. This is truly the best they could come up with?
To be fair they do have the best E ticket attraction in Guardians already.

More information on the ride...

I'm not too impressed!

I’m sure it’s been said before, but that preshow looks identical to F&F.

Part of the backstory problem is that WDI insists on creating a "story" behind WEB and even CAMPUS, which is apparently an acronym. If WDI would just look at the source material they're dealing with, they'd realize there's more than enough stories to bring into a land. They don't need to force all of this crap and then make a poor choice for a Spider-Man ride on top of it.

By the looks of it, I don't even know if I would consider this a D-ticket. Almost seems like high C-level. Once again, like with SWGE, the E-ticket better deliver.

Part of the backstory problem is that WDI insists on creating a "story" behind WEB and even CAMPUS, which is apparently an acronym. If WDI would just look at the source material they're dealing with, they'd realize there's more than enough stories to bring into a land. They don't need to force all of this crap and then make a poor choice for a Spider-Man ride on top of it.

By the looks of it, I don't even know if I would consider this a D-ticket. Almost seems like high C-level. Once again, like with SWGE, the E-ticket better deliver.
I feel like the GP isn't going to be crazy about this either honestly, unlike SWGE. There just doesn't seem to be anything super appealing here! The Spiderman AA jumping from buildings to buildings sounds very cool and impressive. Thats literally the only thing that has made me excited for this project, and I can't imagine that's a "draw" for most of people. It'll be a major "WOW" moment for sure in the land but legit nothing else about this seems exciting. Even if it was at WDW id just have no reason to rush to see any of this. Disappointing

I don't think WDI cares to adapt anything not OG Disney. It's why Marvel reportedly likes working UC more than WDI.
This is the biggest problem. The fact that the word "Campus" has to mean something is legit insane. Its not attention to detail, its forced theming. Let the land itself and the characters bring the theming. This just dumbs it down.

Edit: Sorry for the double post mods, I tried re-formatitng but it created a separate post.

I’m sure it’s been said before, but that preshow looks identical to F&F.

"Mega-Expensive Spider-Man simulator"
Even with inflation it would be insane if this cost more than the original Universal Spider-man.

and just to chime in, Avengers Campus is still a really dumb idea for Marvel when there is so much source material.
It's annoying that Disney now has so many good IP's that it is absolutely rubbish at using.

The story of this Spider-man ride is convoluted at best. I don't understand why you need to create an entirely new story with robots when there's already over 50 years of excellent story telling to choose from. This ride has nothing to do with Spider-man or what makes him great.

The story of this Spider-man ride is convoluted at best. I don't understand why you need to create an entirely new story with robots when there's already over 50 years of excellent story telling to choose from. This ride has nothing to do with Spider-man or what makes him great.
There's literally evil robots built by a Spider-Man villain called the Spider Slayers. They could have used that. Instead this convoluted backstory. So weird.

Sort of like how no one asked to fly the Millennium Falcon with Hondo Ohnaka, except worse.