Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 41 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
That’s a late opening for this ride. It does seem like they have a ways to go. Could this ride end up like Buzz with short waits in the future or have consistent lines like TSMM

I wonder how long it will take for someone to try and sue Disney for repetitive strain injury from riding this? ;)

I do find it interesting that they are utilizing Taskmaster as one of the main villains in the land as far as the the live entertainment goes.

That’s a late opening for this ride. It does seem like they have a ways to go. Could this ride end up like Buzz with short waits in the future or have consistent lines like TSMM
I feel with Guardians and the possible Avengers E ticket and Dr Strange show, I don't see this being busy. It also genuinely seems like not a well done ride so idk I mean lets wait and see but I don't see this being a huge draw amongst the general public.

A las, man I'm glad we have MSHI at Islands of Adventure. Going to spend more time their next time Im at UOR to appreciate it a bit more.

Really Disney? You had all this time since you bought Marvel, you have all the money and the resources, you had the benefit of the doubt from many of your theme park fans....and this all you can do?! A Midway Mania clone, a (albeit good) overlay of an existing ride, a bunch of meet-n-greets, and your headlining ride put in indefinite limbo!? THIS is how you treat your biggest IP?! This deserves to fail.

If they want to get people excited for this, they better get moving on the Avengers ride. This will not be worth a $160 ticket in the Summer to check out. I'm telling you guys, though I don't think it will be as bad as last year, I think DLR is going to face another bad Summer

Really Disney? You had all this time since you bought Marvel, you have all the money and the resources, you had the benefit of the doubt from many of your theme park fans....and this all you can do?! A Midway Mania clone, a (albeit good) overlay of an existing ride, a bunch of meet-n-greets, and your headlining ride put in indefinite limbo!? THIS is how you treat your biggest IP?! This deserves to fail.

If they want to get people excited for this, they better get moving on the Avengers ride. This will not be worth a $160 ticket in the Summer to check out. I'm telling you guys, though I don't think it will be as bad as last year, I think DLR is going to face another bad Summer
If Coronavirus doesn't relax, I think this summer could actually be WORSE. Like truly. Souther Cali is a hub for international travel as well. People aren't going to be going to dinsye parks this summer if they've been on lockdown, or other countries have been on lock down, and they are not working/getting paid. And this land certainly isn't gong to make them feel any more need to spend the money.

Also, maybe this is a totally unfair way to judge, but this alone today gives me no hope for the Guardians ride in Epcot. It just doesn't. Im glad its an original ride and they made a fun ride with the Guardians here but man, I am worried lol. Very poor and cheap job by Disney here. Lets hope Guardians on the east coast doesn't suffer the same fate.

To be honest I don’t really care if this looks horrible. I’m still super excited because I’m such a hardcore fan of Spider-Man. It’s not everyday you get a new themed Spidey attraction. I kinda like the fact that there will be 2 totally different Spiderman rides in each side of the country. Kinda unique.

If Coronavirus doesn't relax, I think this summer could actually be WORSE. Like truly. Souther Cali is a hub for international travel as well. People aren't going to be going to dinsye parks this summer if they've been on lockdown, or other countries have been on lock down, and they are not working/getting paid. And this land certainly isn't gong to make them feel any more need to spend the money.

Also, maybe this is a totally unfair way to judge, but this alone today gives me no hope for the Guardians ride in Epcot. It just doesn't. Im glad its an original ride and they made a fun ride with the Guardians here but man, I am worried lol. Very poor and cheap job by Disney here. Lets hope Guardians on the east coast doesn't suffer the same fate.

Guardians in DCA is a top 5 ride for me. I have high hopes for it in Epcot.

Reactions: alias8703
So with the new info, is someone going to U.P.D.A.T.E. the thread title?

1) I’m joking and 2) it’s too late for me to conjure up what that acronym means

Reactions: belloq87
Looking at what's presented, this just feels like a whiff. That in itself is downright egregious since the MCU is without a doubt the biggest IP Disney has right now. It's been discussed many times before, and it'll probably keep going, but it's shocking how it feels like the company just isn't taking advantage of the IP. So far the only really good Marvel ride at Disney is Mission Breakout, now that's not a knock on MB since it's really fun, but when the only Marvel rides so far have been overlays or brand new-yet-completely-dated rides (Looking at you, Iron man.), it's not a stellar track record.

With the Spider-Man ride, it's a big ball of "why?" for me. I'm a huge Spider-Man fan, and something that makes SM great is his huge and iconic Rogue's Gallery. There's so many great villain's you can tap into, be it well-known or obscure. To not use -any- of them, for me that's a unforgivable sin. That is missing the broadside of a barn, and you were standing a foot away from it. Even if you were limited to only using one's used in Holland's films, you still have the Vulture and Mysterio who would probably be interested in stealing all that new tech being created. But nope, convoluted storytelling to sell a new piece of merch.

It also doesn't help that this ride will certainly get comparisons to TSMM which is in the very same park, and while I can actually understand the gimmick of shooting webs, it's a tad awkward that Legoland beat them to the punch with motion activated shooting. An it's even more awkward when Six Flags of all places has put out a more solid effort for DC with their Justice League darkrides than what Disney is presenting here.

If the rumors are true that Marvel prefers working with UC over WDI, I believe it. I should be so hyped for this land...but I'm simply not.

The most exciting thing about what opens this summer is that the Disneyland Resort is getting a Coke Freestyle machine. I think the idea of just fighting spider-bots is very dull if no major villains show up. Just compare the story of fighting spider-bots with the story of the IOA Spider-Man ride, and it makes it even more apparent how dull this ride sounds.

Reactions: Freak and belloq87