Avengers Campus (DCA) | Page 52 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers Campus (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Despite not being sold on the overall "industrial chic" aesthetic chosen for this land, it looks to have been executed very well based on those beauty shots.

But the Spider-Man ride is a HUGE unknown quantity at this point, and the few things we do know about it aren't particularly inspiring.
I think the Spider-Man will be fine. I’m not expecting to be blown away but I bet it will be fun.

But the look of the land is just a huge turnoff. It’s ugly and uninspired. Just hoping the Avengers ride happens sooner rather than later (or never)

I think that’s fine for a secondary ride in a land though. The issue is the main ride for the land hasn’t even started construction yet

It's going to be Galaxy's Edge/Smugglers Run all over again, down to the intimate (though at least non-premium) show experience and bar. The issue is Avengers Campus is nowhere near as immersive or as visually interesting as Batuu, which will make its shortcomings more apparent.

Somewhat unrelated....if this is opening in June then why is Ratatouille opening in October? I thought the impetus for that was that Disney was already writing 2021 off and wanted to open a new ride in the next fiscal year instead? Now we're getting an attraction that will drive summer attendance at Disneyland but not one for Disney World?

Reactions: belloq87
I think that’s fine for a secondary ride in a land though. The issue is the main ride for the land hasn’t even started construction yet

Well, sure. It's probably going to be the primary ride in the land for -- five? at best? -- years, yet. AND it will not compare favorably to the Spider-Man masterpiece at IOA.

This is another case where Disney's obsession with "phases" and spreading out costs over many multiple years will not serve them well in terms of perception.

Somewhat unrelated....if this is opening in June then why is Ratatouille opening in October? I thought the impetus for that was that Disney was already writing 2021 off and wanted to open a new ride in the next fiscal year instead? Now we're getting an attraction that will drive summer attendance at Disneyland but not one for Disney World?

Based on what I've heard: Disneyland's management and WDW's management see their respective resorts very differently.

You're right, of course, that it doesn't appear terribly logical for one resort to apparently be able to open a major new attraction during the summer, while the other resort doesn't want to.

Despite not being sold on the overall "industrial chic" aesthetic chosen for this land, it looks to have been executed very well based on those beauty shots.

But the Spider-Man ride is a HUGE unknown quantity at this point, and the few things we do know about it aren't particularly inspiring.
I'm curious to see how the industrial theme looks during the day without the fancy night lighting shown in the video. From the construction photos it didn't look all that spectacular.

Dr Strange area looks great

Glad its opening then...still going to wait for shows and what not to come back. I just think by July things should be "normal" and see zero reasons day one but thank you bloggers for your service.

Reactions: JawsVictim
Most of Iron Man actually looks good... and then for some reason they went shopping for an under armor shirt below the chest? I just don’t get it.

Let’s hope this showcase was just a bad look and once actually out doing M&G’s, the stomach will be more... finished.

Kinda' got lost in the mass announcements the past couple days, but anyways...

To rip the band-aid off, that Iron Man suit...choices. Parts of it look fine, but the soft middle really botches the whole look. It looks off-brand, and oddly enough it gives Iron Man the appearance of having a cod-piece.

With that out of the way, I'm glad we have a Summer opening date. The loop between Hollywood and Cars Land being reconnected is certainly needed, and it makes WDW's choice of opening Ratatouille in October all the more frustrating.

Sam Wilson's Cap to get a photo-op in Hollywood Land according to the Parks Blog. From an article that mostly centered around new toy collectibles:

And if you’re visiting Disney California Adventure park in the near future, spread those wings and fly on over to Hollywood Land for an updated photo op featuring Sam Wilson’s new Captain America look! Stay tuned for even more merchandise inspired by the latest Disney+ shows and catch up with all six episodes of “The Falcon and The Winter Soldier” streaming now exclusively on Disney+.

A few new photos of the area in here...

The saddest picture. I don't care about a store, give me a giant building behind that store with an E-ticket inside! :lol:
hq.jpg

Reactions: Freak and belloq87
The saddest picture. I don't care about a store, give me a giant building behind that store with an E-ticket inside! :lol:

Not a great sign when the official copy refers to Mission Breakout as the "anchor" attraction...

I dunno. I'm not a big fan of the WEB theming at all - it's all just kind of a hodge podge without much substance. Hopefully it translates better in-person and they can bring some life to it with the stunts and meet and greet elements.

hq.jpg
"Here's the entrance to the massive ride we're not building!"

I dunno. I'm not a big fan of the WEB theming at all - it's all just kind of a hodge podge without much substance. Hopefully it translates better in-person and they can bring some life to it with the stunts and meet and greet elements.

I'm most intrigued by the Doctor Strange area. Could be some neat effects at nighttime.

But otherwise, yeah.