Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

So I'm guessing they've nixed the Spider-Man AA in the preshow and are instead doing musion with Holland?
Seems like Holland will introduce us to W.E.B on TV screens in the queue then we'll see Spider-Man in the preshow room? It would be fairly underwhelming to just see Holland.

To bring up a statement I've had in the past--Doctor Strange would've been a really good option for a DCA tower of Terror revamp. While I get the "why" of Guardians being the choice, it would've been interesting to see how they'd do the portals.
Missed the conversation about this in the moment, but I’m almost certain the only idea ever considered for DHS was Dr. Strange. So the answer to how they would do the portals is the elevator would drive through it.

I’m skeptical Guardians was ever considered for DHS and the odds of it closing before all of the new additions opened was 0%.

So I'm guessing they've nixed the Spider-Man AA in the preshow and are instead doing musion with Holland?

Is that the swinging one?

I had always assumed that they would throw the AA into the air every now and then to create a spectacle similar to the Dragon in DA.

Is that the swinging one?

This one...
Spider-Man-Ride-Concept-Art-2.jpg

This one...
Spider-Man-Ride-Concept-Art-2.jpg
Yes, I had assumed this would be an A1000 animatronic Spider-Man, with Spider-Bots projection mapped onto the walls, and minor physical effects occurring where drawers and light fixtures move.

EDIT: Surely I'm not the only one who thought this right?

Last edited:
Actor who literally plays Spiderman "I've never felt more like the Spiderman"

I'm assuming he has not played the two amazing Spiderman games....its a joke but such dumb marketing like I'm sure the ride will be fun but bet anyone anything it can't compared to the Spidermna games in making you feel like him. Yes you get to web things....but they are generic robots.

Pretty sure it will be 8/10 fun...but pretty sure the games make you feel much more like Spiderman than this...also playing him in a movie and getting to swing around

Actor who literally plays Spiderman "I've never felt more like the Spiderman"

I'm assuming he has not played the two amazing Spiderman games....its a joke but such dumb marketing like I'm sure the ride will be fun but bet anyone anything it can't compared to the Spidermna games in making you feel like him. Yes you get to web things....but they are generic robots.

Pretty sure it will be 8/10 fun...but pretty sure the games make you feel much more like Spiderman than this...also playing him in a movie and getting to swing around

I mean, he’s not going to say it’s crap is he?

Except Tom Holland spent the majority of his time playing Spider-Man covered with little green balls in an empty soundstage and didn’t do 99% of the swinging around.

It’s marketing fluff that sits on the line of truthful and exaggeration.

Even GOTG doesn't make sense for Marvel here....so the Collector put his collection on Earth near the Avengers? Story wise makes no sense in either land...but people seem to like it so cool.

I mean surely you just have it reversed, An alien being of dubious morality landed his museum right near Disneyland so The Avengers built a facility near by to keep a close eye on it, seems to make sense to me as much as any other theme park land does. As for the Spider-Man ride, it's nice to see Tom Holland will actually be in it, I seem to recall the big info dump for Avengers Campus happened right at the same time that the Sony deal fell apart so there was some question over how much Disney would want a Spidey they didn't control in their ride. I highly doubt the ride will be better that Islands of Adventure's but I certainly hope it is, I love super heroes and theme park rides and want more super-hero themed rides and it is kind of depressing that the one I have been riding for over twenty years is still basically the best one.

Also does anyone know what's up with the actual Avengers ride? It still seems crazy that they are opening a land with Avengers in the name years before they have an Avengers ride ready, and I thought opening Galaxy's Edge like 9 months before the main Star Wars ride was a bad look, but I am kind of hoping that Covid delaying the land's opening by a year or more will end up shrinking that gap but I'm not sure how much work has actually been done on it.

I mean surely you just have it reversed, An alien being of dubious morality landed his museum right near Disneyland so The Avengers built a facility near by to keep a close eye on it, seems to make sense to me as much as any other theme park land does. As for the Spider-Man ride, it's nice to see Tom Holland will actually be in it, I seem to recall the big info dump for Avengers Campus happened right at the same time that the Sony deal fell apart so there was some question over how much Disney would want a Spidey they didn't control in their ride. I highly doubt the ride will be better that Islands of Adventure's but I certainly hope it is, I love super heroes and theme park rides and want more super-hero themed rides and it is kind of depressing that the one I have been riding for over twenty years is still basically the best one.

Also does anyone know what's up with the actual Avengers ride? It still seems crazy that they are opening a land with Avengers in the name years before they have an Avengers ride ready, and I thought opening Galaxy's Edge like 9 months before the main Star Wars ride was a bad look, but I am kind of hoping that Covid delaying the land's opening by a year or more will end up shrinking that gap but I'm not sure how much work has actually been done on it.
From what I heard or read, Avengers as a ride has been stopped for the time being as they figure out what to do.

Been out of the loop for a while here. What type of ride system is Avengers? Do we know?
Just from rumors, an entirely unique ride system where you move around in individual seats in front of screen components? You also possibly sit all together in the Quinjet before being ejected out in your jetpacks? And there's maybe an interactive element?

Presumably, before that a Captain America motorbike coaster was rumored along with something else that the ops people nixed for having low capacity, thus why the ride is not opening sooner/with the land.

Last edited:
You know, something Wanda-Vision related might be a neat bridge between Avengers Campus and Hollywoodland. Maybe some kind of temporary exhibit about classic television, utilizing projection mapping to switch between various decades.

EDIT: Maybe use the Sorcerer's Workshop space, idk.

Last edited: