Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers Campus (DCA)

They actually announced that the planned show involved Black Widow, Captain America, and Black Panther fighting Taskmaster in a series of stunts. Unclear why Widow has been excluded from the casting notice.

Could be as simple as they already have someone in mind for that role.

Some pictures of Avengers Campus from IAPPA Virtual conference.
Avengers-Campus-768x430.jpg
Em87VcjW8AM7cpR.jpg

As an aside, the Cars Land mountain range looks incredibly natural within the land, especially at the distance from which this photo was taken. Would really hope that Paradise Pier gets some kind of backing to complete the quasi-berm around the park.

Dumb Question is it cheaper to not work on it now?

Like in the long run wouldn't it cost less just to finish the land than to slowly chip away at it like this

Like in the long run wouldn't it cost less just to finish the land than to slowly chip away at it like this
I imagine it costs the same regardless of speed. They just get to spread costs out across multiple years to make the money people happy.

Probably, but they're in literally no rush at all and this way they can spread the money out over multiple quarters, which Wall Street likes because it makes the numbers look better.

From a recently released interview with D23, it was revealed that Joe Rohde and Imagineering considered Spider-Man and Doctor Strange to replace ToT before settling on GotG.
"We ran a couple of ideas. We could do Dr. Strange, that would work really, really well and is almost what Tower of Terror is. Spider-Man, Spider-Man needs like some space you know, I don’t know if that’s a thing, and then Guardians. I was looking at the building, and the California Tower of Terror only had a few specific details that made it look like a hotel. I could pop those off and make it a generic thing. I can then make a generic thing look like anything." - Joe Rohde

To bring up a statement I've had in the past--Doctor Strange would've been a really good option for a DCA tower of Terror revamp. While I get the "why" of Guardians being the choice, it would've been interesting to see how they'd do the portals.

I think Doctor Strange could have worked quite well, and still allowed them to keep the "haunted hotel" theme of the thing.

Either that, or revamping the facade to be more close to TDR's Tower of Terror facade, with details to make it appear as one of the Sanctoriums.

It would've also complemented Buena Vista Street more. And while I don't dislike the MB facade, it does stick out from everywhere else.

Yeah, it would've kept the "terror" elements (to an extent). It probably would've been pretty cool. But I like Mission Breakout, so i'm not mad.

Yeah, Doctor Strange would've been a nice choice. But considering Mission Breakout works really well as a fun/action variant of tower, Strange is more of a neat "What if?" rather than wishing that's what it should've been.

I hate the way they talk about this ride like it was made to be rethemed from Day one....from the look of the outside it in no way was but maybe the inside is a different story.

Dr Strange I think would have been cooler because it opens more doors...but GOTG is way more popular. I just wish...you know they made a GOTG ride from the ground up like in Epcot. I'm just not a fan of rethemes.

I hate the way they talk about this ride like it was made to be rethemed from Day one....from the look of the outside it in no way was but maybe the inside is a different story.

Dr Strange I think would have been cooler because it opens more doors...but GOTG is way more popular. I just wish...you know they made a GOTG ride from the ground up like in Epcot. I'm just not a fan of rethemes.
I don’t think he was necessarily talking about it being made to be rethemed. I think Joe was asked to look into transforming the attraction to a marvel property, and then he realized that the structure doesn’t HAVE TO BE a hotel. Which, opened up more creative possibilities for a reimagined attraction.​

I don’t think he was necessarily talking about it being made to be rethemed. I think Joe was asked to look into transforming the attraction to a marvel property, and then he realized that the structure doesn’t HAVE TO BE a hotel. Which, opened up more creative possibilities for a reimagined attraction.​
I will never get with ALL the space in Hollywood why they didn't make a new Ride....we have like 2 big unused area's and older older stuff that could go and no one would care (Animation building, Disney kids show and the old Muppet vision building)

I just think it's funny to say it could be anything...when it was clearly made to be a hotel. The theme from the outside is very ugly and even Spiderman they could have made it work to look nice but anyway that's just me I know many enjoy the ride and sure its fine but ToT was just a nice looking thing from the outside they made ugly .

I will never get with ALL the space in Hollywood why they didn't make a new Ride....we have like 2 big unused area's and older older stuff that could go and no one would care (Animation building, Disney kids show and the old Muppet vision building)

I just think it's funny to say it could be anything...when it was clearly made to be a hotel. The theme from the outside is very ugly and even Spiderman they could have made it work to look nice but anyway that's just me I know many enjoy the ride and sure its fine but ToT was just a nice looking thing from the outside they made ugly .
I agree, partially. Tower of Terror here was somewhat nice looking, but nowhere close to the elegance of DHS and TDS versions of the ride. But the guardians facade is ugly as all hell. I personally haven’t been on the ride so I can’t give my opinion on that. The reason they chose to retheme ToT instead of building a new ride somewhere else boils down to it being an anchor of the marvel expansion at DCA. I don’t love it, but it is what it is.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I hope the animation building never goes away for more marvel. It’s classic Disney at a park that tried injecting that in the park and then abandoned that idea soon after. Plus it’s a nice spot to escape the crowds and gaze at the gorgeous concept art and montages in the lobby.

I agree, partially. Tower of Terror here was somewhat nice looking, but nowhere close to the elegance of DHS and TDS versions of the ride. But the guardians facade is ugly as all hell. I personally haven’t been on the ride so I can’t give my opinion on that. The reason they chose to retheme ToT instead of building a new ride somewhere else boils down to it being an anchor of the marvel expansion at DCA. I don’t love it, but it is what it is.

Maybe I’m in the minority, but I hope the animation building never goes away for more marvel. It’s classic Disney at a park that tried injecting that in the park and then abandoned that idea soon after. Plus it’s a nice spot to escape the crowds and gaze at the gorgeous concept art and montages in the lobby.
I liked it but its not what it was day one...much of the charm of that place is gone for meet and greets and turtle talk. I would not mind them closing that and the Disney kids show to put an E ticket ride....rather it no be Marvel as well but if they have a good idea....sure whatever.

To me Hollywood is the worst land in on the westcoast....even Toontown has Roger and theming...Hollywood is just crap though in that has no real matching to what is there. Even GOTG doesn't make sense for Marvel here....so the Collector put his collection on Earth near the Avengers? Story wise makes no sense in either land...but people seem to like it so cool.

Back to the main topic, Some bloggers are rumoring the land to open in a few months before the parks officially do to draw in people to DTD and buy stuff in DCA. Who knows if this is true or not, but it would get me to come back and pay ten bucks....though I'll be honest besides masks no clue why you would want to buy something now at Disneyland...this is not a time i want to reflect on. I will buy Galaxy Edge stuff when I enter the land no go into some shop on DTD