1. Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Make sure to sign up and join the community! It's fast, free, and easy! DO IT!

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

Discussion in 'Disneyland Resort' started by Chris Galindo, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Okay, after hearing a little more about this and seeing the concept art, this actually might be really cool. If the seats getting ejected from the ship is what will happen, I forsee one of two possible ride systems:

1) Smuggler's Run mixed with Flight of Passage. We board on ship on a rotation. We're flying to Wakanda and once we get to the battle field, we get "ejected" into our own dome like FJ, but it becomes interactive.

2) Smuggler's Run-ish with FJ. This is what I hope we end up with. We're on a rotation, but when we get ejected, we "hang glide" through sets and some dome screens. That's going to be really tricky to pull off, but they can do it....whoa.

I was really hoping for a roller coaster. DLR could really use another thrill coaster. Was hoping we would get some sort of clone of Guardians.

You have any idea where it may be? Would love to see it if it's floating around somewhere.

alias8703 likes this.
  2. Nick

Nick Staff Member Moderator

A third ride within the Avengers Campus was announced at D23 today and was confirmed to be an Avengers E-ticket attraction.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

alias8703 and LintemuthStudios like this.
  3. Evan

Evan Member

8D1DA042-FCD8-4133-A434-1F514DB99305.gif

This was on magic.

4. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

Okay, THAT is awesome. If that's what they're doing, my expectations have been significantly raised.

alias8703 and Chris Galindo like this.
  5. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

To be more specific, the origin of that quote was from Imaginnering in a Box.

To say something, it does not shock me to see Wakanda incorporated into the new plans, considering something I had heard from the past.

As far as systems, I am betting a mixture of Flight of Passage with a moving Kuka system. And the Quinjet will act more as a preshow sequence, similar to Rise of The Resistance and the spaceship before guests go into the star destroyer.

alias8703 likes this.
  6. AlexanderMBush

AlexanderMBush Legendary Member

The concept art makes me think it's going to be a system similar to that of the FJ robocoaster system, but perhaps in a manner that's more of singular robotic arms.

If that's the case, I can easily see why they have issues, as it sounds like it'd be a potential capacity nightmare.

alias8703 and LintemuthStudios like this.
  7. Freak

Freak Veteran Member

So this could *still* be considered a credit on RCDB?

Jamesh22 likes this.
  8. Evan

Evan Member

I mentioned that in my previous post then found the gif version a magic user made as it was easier to share then the full video.

9. belloq87

belloq87 Veteran Member

The middle ground between light and shadow...
    Over on Magic, @Marni1971 said he’s heard the Avengers E-ticket compared to these:

- Flight of Passage
    - Smuggler’s Run
    - Star Tours (!!!)

That’s... quite underwhelming in my view, especially knowing what the Spider-Man ride is also going to be.

In the words of Tom Hardy from INCEPTION, I think Disney needs to dream a little bigger. Or at least dream a little different.

LintemuthStudios likes this.
  10. SailwiththeTide

SailwiththeTide Rookie

Flight of passage clone?

11. UNIrd

UNIrd Premium Member

With Disney now investing so heavily in their parks and creating attractions wanting to utilize actors and environments from well-known films and properties, they're likely going to fall into the same pratfalls Universal did in the last decade and stay very screen-heavy with their output. Luckily the attractions are going to be spread across the resorts globally and not thrown all into one and cloned all over. So there may be dissension from the online fan community but not actual park guests as the parks should still be well balanced.

Well.. good luck with that!

OrlLover and AlexanderMBush like this.
  12. k_peek_2000

k_peek_2000 Veteran Member

I'm excited about new rides. If it sucks i'll complain about it after it opens and not years before it breaks ground. They did however mention it was a brand new ride system.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    HereWeGo likes this.
  13. snayberry

snayberry Veteran Member

If they use FOP system and take it up a notch. I would be content and happy with that.