Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA) | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
At least an Avengers ride even a coaster, would have more effort put into it under Iger vs Chapek. And who knows, maybe some version of the original Multiverse ride system could see the light in another E ticket dark ride at DCA, likely in a Hollywood land revamp. That would work out as you can have more thrill type rides in Avengers Campus while a new Hollywood land (maybe themed to Disney Animation Studios proper) can have more elaborate family rides. The plot of the multiverse attraction could even be recycled into a plot for an E ticket featuring the Princesses. I am sure that would be a hit among the GP.
See thats meh attitude

Why are we settling for better then crap? This is one of their biggest IPS, make a classic like the Indy ride something that amazes people

I just wanna see Infinity War done in the style of Rise. I wanna see some animatronics, Thanos fighting Cap, some cool practical effects using the Stones. I wanna be pushed through scenes slow enough to savor it, not rocket past them too quick to even notice.

Guardians is a lot of fun for what it is. But even just having that Groot and Rocket Animatronic somewhere would've honestly bumped it up quite a bit personally.

Reactions: alias8703
Maybe if we are lucky maybe more concrete details will be announced at Destination D in November. Disney has said recently they are looking at expansion opportunities in the parks and with the current political climate in Florida, Disney has announced that they are rerouting tons of investment to DLR. An Avengers ride has to be in the cards somewhere in that investment.

Like I said before, I sadly think the window to open an Avengers E-ticket has passed. It should’ve opened WITH AC. The hype from the MCU is on….well, I wouldn’t say life support, but it’s not great right now.

Just give us a clone of Cosmic Rewind and call it a day. I’d be happy with just that at this point.

I genuinely think the Avengers E-ticket is dead.

Would love to be wrong, but it feels dead in a sense.
It certainly doesn't feel alive.
Like I said before, I sadly think the window to open an Avengers E-ticket has passed. It should’ve opened WITH AC. The hype from the MCU is on….well, I wouldn’t say life support, but it’s not great right now.

Just give us a clone of Cosmic Rewind and call it a day. I’d be happy with just that at this point.
The Multiverse concept did sound cool TBH. I loved how it sounded so versatile in regards to how new characters could easily be added as the MCU continued to progress and I understood using Thanos as the villain as he is arguably the MCU's most iconic bad guy. My gut tells me a prime reason this form of the Avengers E ticket was scrapped could have to due with the overall reception to the Multiverse Saga thus far. Why would you to base it on a phase from the MCU that has gotten overall middling reviews? Which begs the question. To Disney, what would be the perfect concept for an Avengers E ticket? I would have to think at some point Imagineering will crack the code.

People love the Avengers, an attraction based on them will always be popular no matter how popular the MCU is.

Last edited:
People love the Avengers, an attraction based on them will always be possible no matter how popular the MCU is.
More recently on this thread it was mentioned Iger could have very well sent the Avengers E ticket back to the drawing board and redesigned it to be some form of coaster using the Guardians ride system. Couldn't they apply the Multiverse concept/story to a roller coaster form? That would be a decent compromise. You would have a more thrilling ride system than what was announced at D23 and a ride that could still be adaptable to whatever is on the horizon for the MCU.

At this point you may as well wait for Fantastic Four to come out and see how that does before committing to the cast for this ride.

I also don’t think it needs to take place in the multiverse saga, Endgame is highest grossing film ever, people remember Thanos and a ride with him in it will sell no matter who the Avengers are. Use the Guardians system, make it a more “serious” journey, and it’ll be a hit.

At this point you may as well wait for Fantastic Four to come out and see how that does before committing to the cast for this ride.

I also don’t think it needs to take place in the multiverse saga, Endgame is highest grossing film ever, people remember Thanos and a ride with him in it will sell no matter who the Avengers are. Use the Guardians system, make it a more “serious” journey, and it’ll be a hit.
Yeah, I personally wouldn't do the multiverse saga for this ride, but you make a good point. If Fantastic Four is actually good (and based on casting rumors it honestly could go either way) then I think Fantastic Four could be a good use here, although Avengers is a beloved brand not only from the comics like F4, but Avengers is a beloved Franchise in the MCU that reminds people of the good times as it extends all the way back to Phase 1.

I think that they need to step outside of MCU mainline canon and look at what people love when it comes to the Avnegers. What lineup do they love? They love the Original 6 from 2012. They also enjoyed the onslaught of a buch of characters in the big finale fight in Endgame. I think for an Avengers ride to best stand the test of time, it honestly needs to use Spider-Verse style comic book looking animation bc then it's hard for people to be disappointed that they didn't get RDJ as Iron Man or something. Or I suppose you could do a more practical ride like Rise when there's more AAs mixed with screens and we can get a sick Iron Man AA and sort of just see these characters in costume, but never really see their face so they'd be able to use sound-alikes.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't do the multiverse saga for this ride, but you make a good point. If Fantastic Four is actually good (and based on casting rumors it honestly could go either way) then I think Fantastic Four could be a good use here, although Avengers is a beloved brand not only from the comics like F4, but Avengers is a beloved Franchise in the MCU that reminds people of the good times as it extends all the way back to Phase 1.

I think that they need to step outside of MCU mainline canon and look at what people love when it comes to the Avnegers. What lineup do they love? They love the Original 6 from 2012. They also enjoyed the onslaught of a buch of characters in the big finale fight in Endgame. I think for an Avengers ride to best stand the test of time, it honestly needs to use Spider-Verse style comic book looking animation bc then it's hard for people to be disappointed that they didn't get RDJ as Iron Man or something. Or I suppose you could do a more practical ride like Rise when there's more AAs mixed with screens and we can get a sick Iron Man AA and sort of just see these characters in costume, but never really see their face so they'd be able to use sound-alikes.
Ya plenty of AA heavy would make this work. Also, if F4 is a smash hit, they can be the stars of the ride if Disney wants, and have other Avengers in costume in the queue, pre show, and finale portion of the ride to make it more F4 based, aka easier to get the actors solidified.

I love the idea of Spider-Verse style look, but since both Guardians and Webslingers are modernized, it’ll stay the same I bet. I hope for many more AAs though. There’s zero excuse to scrap this ride all together, if it has to wait though it has to wait.

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
Ya plenty of AA heavy would make this work. Also, if F4 is a smash hit, they can be the stars of the ride if Disney wants, and have other Avengers in costume in the queue, pre show, and finale portion of the ride to make it more F4 based, aka easier to get the actors solidified.

I love the idea of Spider-Verse style look, but since both Guardians and Webslingers are modernized, it’ll stay the same I bet. I hope for many more AAs though. There’s zero excuse to scrap this ride all together, if it has to wait though it has to wait.
Yeah, I imagine they want to do this ride, especially since it's the only current expansion plot in DCA. However I think since it is an Avengers ride, they know they really don't want to drop the ball on it i'd imagine so i can see this as a project that's in development hell to get it right more than being dead altogether.

Reactions: Cup_Of_Coffee

Considering how you are diving into the Multiverse and the concept art shows animated characters alongside the live action ones, a Spider-Verse art style for at least one portion of the ride would not be out of the question. Though i wonder what the ratio of screens to practical set pieces would be. Hopefully they go the Jurassic World USB route.
Yeah, I imagine they want to do this ride, especially since it's the only current expansion plot in DCA. However I think since it is an Avengers ride, they know they really don't want to drop the ball on it i'd imagine so i can see this as a project that's in development hell to get it right more than being dead altogether.
Hopefully the wait is worth it as well. AC has been viewed as underwhelming thus far by many people and this ride is the last chance to knock it out of the park and change those people's mind.

Considering how you are diving into the Multiverse and the concept art shows animated characters alongside the live action ones, a Spider-Verse art style for at least one portion of the ride would not be out of the question.
as others have alluded to, I'm of the mind that it's not worth putting much stock in any of the concept art or descriptions we've heard of this attraction up to this point. it appears we're back to formula blue sky.

I feel confident that:
  • disney will eventually build a d or e-ticket in this expansion space
  • it will be themed to their collection of super hero characters
which leaves a lot of possibilities but few certainties.

For the long term, I would actually prefer they use the multiverse concept to replace Web Slingers. Judging by how screen-heavy the concept art looks, it sounds like they can pull off a two-story Transformers style ride that would be ideal for the Web Slingers space.

Reactions: chris.g
I hope we get info for DCA future

Disneyland is getting a new Splash, and we also just got Mickey and Galaxy Edge so it should be DCA turn to get something

I'd love it to be Avanegers (whatever that is) but just announce something because unless nothing is coming in 2025 Construction should be starting by end of the year

Reactions: TheUniC6

Book with our Travel Partners

Latest posts