Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Avengers E-Ticket Attraction (DCA)

I'd argue Radiator Springs Racers is a landmark attraction (when it's maintained properly, but it seems DLR has a problem with that?). It's the first thing people who haven't been mention about DCA and glowingly.

I'm all for really any sort of Marvel E-ticket, I don't care what it is as long as it's not some trackless ride with zero motion base in front of screens like Ratatouille. Indoor Disney coasters aren't even for the Knott's crowd anyway.

Last edited:
I’m gonna make a bold prediction here: I think this ride is dead. Disney isn’t doing great right now and the MCU’s future isn’t looking so bright either. They’ve taken so long on any sort of development of this ride that I just don’t even care anymore. Even if they’re still planning on making this ride (Which I doubt) it’s going to be years before they open this thing.

Just clone Cosmic Rewind at this point and I’ll be happy. I think even that is being wildly optimistic.

^ I would certainly hope so. Given the response to Web Slingers, the MCU backlash and Universal burning on all cylinders, yet another polarizing dark ride that would likely be budget cut down to mid level, would be a nail in DCA's coffin.

DCA has such an identity crisis as it is. This park has lost it's confidence that it built up after the opening of Cars Land. No other Disney park deserves the absolute best the company has to offer to salvage it's tarnished reputation as this park.

I’m gonna make a bold prediction here: I think this ride is dead. Disney isn’t doing great right now and the MCU’s future isn’t looking so bright either. They’ve taken so long on any sort of development of this ride that I just don’t even care anymore. Even if they’re still planning on making this ride (Which I doubt) it’s going to be years before they open this thing.

Just clone Cosmic Rewind at this point and I’ll be happy. I think even that is being wildly optimistic.
I find it beyond disappointing that Disney for whatever reason cannot figure out how to make a worthy Rise level Avengers E ticket. But with that billion plus dollar being funneled into DLR hinging on the Disneyland Forward plans, I would hope that somewhere in that investment there is an Avengers E ticket planned even if its more than likely something entirely new.

I find it beyond disappointing that Disney for whatever reason cannot figure out how to make a worthy Rise level Avengers E ticket. But with that billion plus dollar being funneled into DLR hinging on the Disneyland Forward plans, I would hope that somewhere in that investment there is an Avengers E ticket planned even if its more than likely something entirely new.
I wish they would not even bother with Disney Forward and actually fix what needs to be addressed. Put a good ride in this spot. FIX TOMORROWLAND. But they won’t. They literally closed Splash Mountain before fixing Tomorrowland.

Disney better come up with something AMAZING because Universal is going to be kicking their hee-haw with F&F and other developments. It looks like it’s finally catching up to Disney.

Disney better come up with something AMAZING because Universal is going to be kicking their hee-haw with F&F and other developments. It looks like it’s finally catching up to Disney.
I'm just not sure if this is true. universal studios hollywood has made some really nice additions the past 10 years and looks to continue that with the new coaster but ... disneyland is arguably the most complete theme park on the planet. and it carries immense social cache in the area that universal simply does not. universal would have to continue outstripping disneyland for many, many years before it became a problem.

I suspect less investments in Florida as long as their Governor stays the same. I don’t have insight on Disneyland Resort like I do WDW, but I totally doubt this is “dead”. Maybe won’t happen for a bit, but not dead.

If Captain Marvel 2 does well… maybe make her the star character? I don’t think this needs to be an Avengers ride. Have the Avengers in the queue and make the ride more focused on a few people. A coaster like Cosmic Rewind that’s maybe a little more serious and plot heavy already helps this park and it’s capacity.

I say this as a massive Uni fan... USH will never touch Disneyland. They can gain some ground but let's stop pretending USH is at the caliber of Haunted Mansion, Cars Land, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc.

Orlando is a different story causing headaches for WDW.

We're not talking about catching up. We're talking about growth, new IP and customer satisfaction and reputation. One company going in one direction, and the other languishing in mediocrity.

Disney Forward is great for DCA because DCA needs more. While it does have more rides then other parks, it's still not a full day part like DIsneyland.

An
Avengers coaster based on Comic Rewind, would be the bare minimum but yeah at this point no idea if they will move forward with this ride in any form.

Disneyland added one of the best theme park attractions of all time two years ago.

We (the internet) are pretty harsh on Disneyland. But agreed we just got Galaxy Edge with ROTR, along with a new toontown (that is packed compared to pre pandemic) The Mickey ride is pretty great.

Disneyland is far and away the greatest theme park on the planet. DCA is pretty good too. I think some people need a bit of perspective.
Theming wise, the Disneyland Tokyo parks are ahead but per pound for pound attractions.

No park in the world comes close to Disneyland
Splash, Big Thunder, Space, Pirates, HM, Matterhorn, ROTR, Indy and Mickey as E tickets.

Along with Fantasmic and Firworks in the park.

DCA is great but from the line at the Carsride, it just need another E ticket or two to spread things out more.

I'm just not sure if this is true. universal studios hollywood has made some really nice additions the past 10 years and looks to continue that with the new coaster but ... disneyland is arguably the most complete theme park on the planet. and it carries immense social cache in the area that universal simply does not. universal would have to continue outstripping disneyland for many, many years before it became a problem.
Agreed.
Add to that:
  • Universal does not hang on to 'classic' rides like Disneyland does, I think the classic rides are a big draw for Disneyland in addition to world class E tickets like Indy and Rise.
  • USH capacity is very much capped by space, I don't see them having capacity for more than 10 million a year currently.
Back on topic, Disney need to get the team that created rise on the Avengers project, it's not too late but time is running out.

Theming wise, the Disneyland Tokyo parks are ahead
TDS maybe. Tokyo Disneyland is in nowhere close to the same league as Disneyland when it comes to theming. That park is stuck in 1970s WDW look and feel, and not in a good way. It's still a very good park, but a lot of it is strikingly ugly.
Back on topic, Disney need to get the team that created rise on the Avengers project, it's not too late but time is running out.
I think they've sadly missed the boat on a big, genre-defining MCU E-ticket. The franchise itself is flailing.

I think their best move is to clone Cosmic Rewind and just retheme it to the Avengers.

Disneyland is far and away the greatest theme park on the planet.
*Arguably.

DisneySea certainly is in that conversation. If someone picks DL over DS, I get it. If someone picks DS, I also get it. Any other park doesn't compare.

And thats before the new expansion at DisneySea.

Disneyland added one of the best theme park attractions of all time two years ago.

Disney can’t rest on it’s laurels like other companies can, especially with their pricing structure. Besides, this is really about the “other” park, which is becoming less and less worth the money.

And let’s be real, this isn’t about other companies making more revenue than Disney. Disney doesn’t just want Disney money. They also want Universal, Six Flags, Knotts, AMC and everyone else. They want domination, and right now they’re not getting any of that.

Last edited:
I was under the impression they didn't have enough room to just clone Cosmic Rewind? I think they didn't even have enough room for Tron

I honestly don't think DCA needs its equivalent of a $300 million dollar movie, a AAAA video game, or a billion dollar ride. It's putting too much pressure on a single ride based on a single IP to fix an entire park. Disney parks seems to suffer from the same problems of overthink and scale as their film division, when they could probably improve the park easily by using existing technology to build cheaper rides that appeal to their core theme park audience rather than every human on the planet.

So instead of trying and failing to build a ride that fits the Platonic ideal of what an Avengers ride should be, just build a good coaster. Don't break the bank on it. Then you can build a short boat ride, or a dark ride in Hollywoodland, or some flat rides for Grizzly Peak. Just do something, make mid-size yet effective bets that are still draws and don't purport to be some magnum opus of themed entertainment.

Basically, they should just do what they did in 08-12.

Last edited: