Aventura Hotel | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
All I'll say to this is that I had trouble booking Cabanna Bay and Sapphire Falls for September because it was at capacity...And this is in September, what's supposed to be off season...IMO the hotel rooms can't come quick enough

I feel like I'm not gonna be able to get an on-site hotel room for HHN until the WNW places open up.

Aesthetically speaking, nothing. However, I get the fact they want more hotel rooms to get more people onsite so they spend more of their money at Universal. All I'm saying is that I don't think it looks good, but I doubt Universal cares about that. :lol:
I don't know if you are a fan of this sort of thing but when I am sitting in the rooftop bar gazing out over VB and the O-Town skyline I think I am going to like it fine.

On site is a big plus. Can't blame Universal for putting every room they can on property. And the guests, I'm sure, are all in since being right on property is such a huge plus to a vacation. And it will be inexpensive rooms for those that can't afford the big bucks rooms. Win win for guests & Universal.

They're building additional hotels on the Wet N Wild plot. They want to get up to 15000 rooms, and they're gonna use all the space available to get there.

Trust me, this is the better option. Much better than them using potential park expansion plots for resorts. They considered that for a while.

EDIT

I know this was to one I must not have quoted and this is supporting what both of you said as well.

END EDIT
I do not know, as someone who likes to stay in that area, CBBR was supposed to be that 'value' level, but capacity drove its price up quick and it is often hard to find a room at CBBR, SF opened, still decent price, but there are still times I can't find a room.

I also think Comcast works like this, or they have in the past. The more they get over there, well, to me, they seem to be build a sort of berm that is going to make it tough on the other hotels in the area to compete with...they are patient, they are diversifying funds before cord cutters/cord nevers/5G wireless networks start eroding their core business.

Aesthetically speaking, nothing. However, I get the fact they want more hotel rooms to get more people onsite so they spend more of their money at Universal. All I'm saying is that I don't think it looks good, but I doubt Universal cares about that. :lol:

The design is sleek, I see rooms that will see into VB as well as rooms that will be able to see Hulk/HRRR...City Walk...the boats...seems like they will have some rooms w/ views of something UoR and hopefully a nice price point for a while (or even push some of the other rooms back to their original goals).

But those are just my thoughts, yours are just as valid!

It has gotten crazy how hard I seem to mix around days and such to find a room that works for HHN....
Things sure have changed. Before Diagon opened, and there were only three hotels on property, I could book a room for late Sept. or October a few weeks before I went. And the choices were many. Now there's more than twice as many on site hotel rooms, and in 2015 & 2016 I had to book hotels six months ahead of time to get a room in late Sept/Oct.. And I've been looking at weeks for Spring 2018 , and many dates are already booked up.....Build it and they will come......and posters are often saying people are negative towards Universals new attractions. Well, I guess the General Public hasn't heard about that since they keep filling the Universal parks & hotels.:) Doomsayers be gone. :lol:

I think it's going to look fine. The final product is sleek and minimalist on the outside, will blend in fine.
It is very imposing from the road, which I don't personally like, but I'm sure the hotel itself will be fine and more than worth the price.

I guess this applies to all the hotels, but after what happened in Vegas, what are the chances of them increasing security on the hotels?

I don't think it'd be anything that we notice, if at all. There's little you can do at that point in a tragedy, the person already has their weapons and hotels aren't going to screen all baggage. This is a conversation that shouldn't occur on this forum (too political) but preventive measures can and should happen before someone arrives with bags full of guns.

UOR already doesn't allow non-hotel guests past the lobbies/restaurants but this guy was staying at the hotel so...

Reactions: Ryan
I'll be honest, I was on edge last time I was at the MK on the ferry. This attack in Vegas is really getting to me. This is the second time this year, I've missed a terrorist attack. I was there in Vegas 2 weeks ago and I missed the terrorist attack on a police officer on the Champs-Élysées by 2 days.

I'll be honest, I was on edge last time I was at the MK on the ferry. This attack in Vegas is really getting to me. This is the second time this year, I've missed a terrorist attack. I was there in Vegas 2 weeks ago and I missed the terrorist attack on a police officer on the Champs-Élysées by 2 days.
I lived in Denver when Colombine happened. The theater where the Batman shooting happened was "our" theater. We saw the midnight opening of all the LotRs there. If we had still been living in Denver I would have been there with my kids. We went to the midnight showing at Pointe Orlando that night. I covered VA Tech and Pulse as a news photographer.

I'm so over being angry about this.

Reactions: Scott W. and Joel
Also why I like staying on site, security checks are usually just you and your party.

Surprised it's not police officers screening the crowd, they're the only ones with the authority to use force.

EDIT: My girlfriend was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport an hour before that shooting happened.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Also why I like staying on site, security checks are usually just you and your party.

Surprised it's not police officers screening the crowd, they're the only ones with the authority to use force.

EDIT: My girlfriend was at the Ft. Lauderdale airport an hour before that shooting happened.
Yes. Universal on site hotel security is unobtrusive and friendly. They do their job well, without letting the hotel guests feel hassled or violated. Nothing but good experiences with the hotel/boat/pathway security personnel.

I lived in Denver when Colombine happened. The theater where the Batman shooting happened was "our" theater. We saw the midnight opening of all the LotRs there. If we had still been living in Denver I would have been there with my kids. We went to the midnight showing at Pointe Orlando that night. I covered VA Tech and Pulse as a news photographer.

I'm so over being angry about this.

It's a scary world at times and I'm really sorry to hear all that. Last night was another example of the worst and best of humanity.

:topic:

I was checking the prices for next year and Aventura is coming in about £150 cheaper over 2 weeks than CBBR.

Reactions: JoeCamel
It's a scary world at times and I'm really sorry to hear all that. Last night was another example of the worst and best of humanity.

:topic:

I was checking the prices for next year and Aventura is coming in about £150 cheaper over 2 weeks than CBBR.
I expect as opening gets closer there will be perks added like Sapphire did. I ended up with $300 in dining credit for an 11 night stay. Wish it spent in the rum bar but it was nice that I could use it at the pool bar.

I guess this applies to all the hotels, but after what happened in Vegas, what are the chances of them increasing security on the hotels?

As somebody who was working on the strip during the incident, I can tell you that is insanely hard to manage. A hotel is literally all baggage, and there's no feasible way to streamline that to be nearly as manageable and consistent of a track as an airport does: it would lead to being a massive inconvenience to guests and pretty much stop things cold. The infrastructure is non-existent. Due to privacy laws, no cameras in rooms so the best thing that can be done is monitor outside access and employ tougher glass on high-rises. There's other things (like gun control) but this is absolutely not the correct thread for it.

Reactions: Joel
Yes. Universal on site hotel security is unobtrusive and friendly. They do their job well, without letting the hotel guests feel hassled or violated. Nothing but good experiences with the hotel/boat/pathway security personnel.

Kind of funny to me. I think you have mentioned 'feeling a part of the family' while staying on site. I tend to wake up before the rest of my family, so I tend to go downstairs, walk about, take pictures.

I was at RPR in building 2, so the elevator lets out near the luau area. First morning I am checking it with the camera, within a few minutes, security is there. They never approached me, but I made sure to make eye contact.

I took a few pics and then went over to talk to them. One was in training and had been a part of VB's opening team...we talked every morning after that...then said our goodbyes when I was leaving....