Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

I’m betting there will be glass walls at least up to head height all the way around the perimeter. You’ll have to make a real effort to jump off.

It is also not regularly guest accessible, it's a bar that'll close. Not to be morbid, but those jumping from the Contemporary aren't going to California Grill's balcony.

I think bar height is around 40". At least IRL. In the pic, theres no way to tell what their scale is.

The weird thing about this hotel is how bad the concept art has been. Universal have knocked out the park for everything else recently.

The zip line idea would be great. Fastest way to Volcano Bay.

The zip line idea would be great. Fastest way to Volcano Bay.

Except for that whole Cabana Bay thing in the way.
DKa3G1jWkAUqVeB.jpg:large

Then why aren't you saving money staying at a nearby hotel and also getting more in terms of amenities, food options, etc...?

If it's just a room why on earth are you at a theme park resort hotel?

When I priced out my last Orlando trip, CBBR and Sapphire (with the AP discount) was almost exactly the same price as comparable hotels off site. Hotels on site were $5 more than off site and I didn't have to pay $12 round trip for Uber/Lyft. If I hadn't cashed in points at Four Points, I would've definitely stayed on site simply for price before adding in convenience.

Mark my words, Dry & Tame is going to really hurt the I-Drive hotels.

When I priced out my last Orlando trip, CBBR and Sapphire (with the AP discount) was almost exactly the same price as comparable hotels off site. Hotels on site were $5 more than off site and I didn't have to pay $12 round trip for Uber/Lyft. If I hadn't cashed in points at Four Points, I would've definitely stayed on site simply for price before adding in convenience.

Eh, depends. The public is fickle - somedays they're in the vagina pool, some days they're out.

I agree...in a sad way, I think Comcast operates like that...come in, go big, destroy those around you, do it better for a while....drive them all out of business.

I think i’ve mentioned it before, but I think they are just trying to block others out, sort of building a wall around that side of the property.

I agree...in a sad way, I think Comcast operates like that...come in, go big, destroy those around you, do it better for a while....drive them all out of business.

I think i’ve mentioned it before, but I think they are just trying to block others out, sort of building a wall around that side of the property.

Yep, that's business for ya.

They're not wood. They're ceramic tiles made to look like wood.

I need to correct you here. They aren’t ceramic tiles. It’s commercial grade vinyl flooring.
Not laminate, wood, or ceramic- vinyl.

In bathrooms, if it looks like wood, it’s ceramic tile. Like the Royal Pacific has white “wood” ceramic tile in bathrooms.
But for living areas, Universal and Disney have been converting to vinyl. Having bought and laid commercial grade vinyl in our laboratory, as well as 2 RVs- the stuff is indestructible. I’d expect it to last ~2 decades. It doesn’t create sound like ceramic, wood or laminate- and muffles/creates a sound barrier pretty well. Not as good as carpet and a pad, but good nonetheless.

The fact is- It’s a great cost investment.
My opinion is- It looks better than carpet in pics although I prefer carpet.