Aventura Hotel | Page 28 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they can buy one of the hotels between the WnW plot and the I4, they could have a direct road going between WnW hotel and the curent resort.
Somebody here made an interesting point about that a while back in the Dry n Tame thread, I think. Something about how the DnT hotel(s) with its huge capacity, lower pricing, and "on-site" amenities, could likely pull many people away from the neighboring hotels, making it easier for Uni/Comcast to buyout some of those hotels at lower prices. And the expansion continues... It'll be interesting to see if any of that plays out long term.

I wonder if it won't open before August. I found the tweet below from this time a year ago of the Cabana bay towers and they aren't too far off where Aventura is now. I believe the Cabana Bay towers opened in May if not earlier. Granted Aventura is a lot bigger and has more infrastructure, restaurants, etc. where the CB towers were just rooms. But I don't see that its another 3 months worth of work. I really think the August timeline was just a safe date, and they will open whenever they are ready.

I wonder if it won't open before August. I found the tweet below from this time a year ago of the Cabana bay towers and they aren't too far off where Aventura is now. I believe the Cabana Bay towers opened in May if not earlier. Granted Aventura is a lot bigger and has more infrastructure, restaurants, etc. where the CB towers were just rooms. But I don't see that its another 3 months worth of work. I really think the August timeline was just a safe date, and they will open whenever they are ready.

If they thought they would be ready before, you bet your ass they would be selling those rooms.

Aventura will have 50% more rooms than the CBBR towers plus like you said, you have all the extras like restaurants, lobby, pool and training. They could maybe be playing it safe so they don't have a mad rush again like they did with VB and SF.

I think they started hanging glass on Aventura earlier in the build than they did at CBBR towers.

It's always possible that they open rooms for sale for a bit earlier if they forecast that they'll be completed sooner. But I hope they do take their time and don't rush it like they did Sapphire. I don't know why the soft opening is dead at UOR.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
Right, but the come on is that you could use the lounge from any other hotel. That was my question.

Ah, I gotcha now. Yeah, with the location it makes no sense unless you are staying at Aventura. If it was at Hard Rock, I could see you taking a break from the parks there maybe. But at the rest of the hotels, not worth going out of your way for free coffee and snacks.

Reactions: Scott W.
Ah, I gotcha now. Yeah, with the location it makes no sense unless you are staying at Aventura. If it was at Hard Rock, I could see you taking a break from the parks there maybe. But at the rest of the hotels, not worth going out of your way for free coffee and snacks.

It kind of sounds like you’ll get a free breakfast as well but if you’re spending the money to stay at the more expensive hotels, why would you want to go else where?

I think Virgin will eventually have something similar to their Disney Springs check in. Drop your bags off and go to CityWalk for your last few hours before heading home.

Reactions: fryoj