Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

Yeah, just something nice and iconic looking would look better. I just expect more from a Universal-branded hotel. Yeah, Disney values can be tacky but at least they're doing something exciting and different. Any sort of theme would be nice. This is just... there.
Eh, for $99-$129(ish), i'd much rather stay at this style of hotel and get the same benefits as CBBR than stay somewhere as tacky as Pop Century for around the same price, if not more money.

Let's not forget Universal has extremely minimal space to work with here and they want to get it open ASAP. This type of design is the best way to ensure a Summer 2018 opening for this hotel.

As for beyond 2018... I'd expect hotel projects for the WnW plot before we see anything happen on the 400+ acres that Comcast purchased last year.

Eh, for $99-$129(ish), i'd much rather stay at this style of hotel and get the same benefits as CBBR than stay somewhere as tacky as Pop Century for around the same price, if not more money.
Agreed, this hotel is looking to attract the 20 somethings, not the Families.

I don't know if i'd say specifically "20 somethings", but I think it's definitely a value resort more aimed at people without children that are looking for something a little bit classier than Cabana Bay. CBBR is specifically marketed as their budget-friendly family resort.

Agreed. The Disney values are just the worst. Compared to off-site, Universal isn't charging much of a premium for the amenities and proximity of being "on-site" at CBBR, Sapphire, and now Aventura. It's part of the reason they've been so ridiculously successful. The price point is just a no-brainer for anyone looking to visit Universal.

Total agree. The combination of "tech savvy" - "rooftop bar"- "Starbucks" - "food court" - and "value" screams millennial. Not that other people don't like these things, but I think the food court is the striking difference. Universal hasn't really used this in their Value resorts like Disney has. The lack of a sit down restaurant is telling.

Agreed. The Disney values are just the worst. Compared to off-site, Universal isn't charging much of a premium for the amenities and proximity of being "on-site" at CBBR, Sapphire, and now Aventura. It's part of the reason they've been so ridiculously successful. The price point is just a no-brainer for anyone looking to visit Universal.

I don't know, the art of animation is pretty awesome for a value resort. We've stayed at lots of resorts in the area, and the kids always want to go back to this one.

This hotel reminds me of a new condo building in Miami. It would seem to appeal to more business travelers and adults without kids. Aventura is a very up and coming area of Miami, where young and wealthy folks live. I would imagine that is the appeal they are trying to show. To me, it looks just like an area of south Florida I dislike.

but I think the food court is the striking difference. Universal hasn't really used this in their Value resorts like Disney has. The lack of a sit down restaurant is telling.
Yeah exactly, they are after people who want grab and go

also, comparing this to the "Contemporary" just makes it look less iconic. Last I checked there wasn't a giant monorail running through the center of it.

also, comparing this to the "Contemporary" just makes it look less iconic. Last I checked there wasn't a giant monorail running through the center of it.
They're not going for "iconic" they're going for "economical yet nice." I agree with the others who've compared this to one of the LBV Plaza Hotels. It's there to serve a specific purpose, not everything has to be a themed extravaganza.

I agree, younger crowd coming in to stay for events like NYE, HHN or weekend of Volcano Bay, or CityWalk.

Worth noting that this addition will probably drive down some of the I-Drive Rates. Some of the (not so great) I-Drive hotels are already $30pn (and thats over 4th July as an example), which is crazy cheap

Yeah, just something nice and iconic looking would look better. I just expect more from a Universal-branded hotel. Yeah, Disney values can be tacky but at least they're doing something exciting and different. Any sort of theme would be nice. This is just... there.

What more would you want from a budget tower? for me it has style and looks classy which is a far cry from giant rubix cubes, oversized american footballs or massive plastic music notes. For the space Uni has and the price point they are aiming for it is just the ticket.

What more would you want from a budget tower? for me it has style and looks classy which is a far cry from giant rubix cubes, oversized american footballs or massive plastic music notes. For the space Uni has and the price point they are aiming for it is just the ticket.

When you don't have the luxury of land, you go up and not out. I think that it looks really nice. I kind of wish that it was a mid-level or almost luxury but it will still be a good addition.

Hot take: Contemporary only matters because of the monorail and its proximity. Otherwise... the hotel itself is OK.

I will agree that it's out dated, and WAY over priced, but so is most of Disney. Doesn't make it any less iconic.

I wonder why they didn't just go ahead an add onto Sapphire. Why did they make this a separate resort? Any one have any ideas? and 600 rooms seems under ambitious to what they have been doing recently, but they probably wanted to keep the density down a bit I'm assuming. That area is going to be very crowded vehicle wise.

Definitely reaching into their other demographic. To be a dynamic resort, you have to offer variety , which Universal is certainly doing a ton of that in ALL areas. The lodging game is the same. Myself , will never be able to afford Hard Rock or Portofino, but this tower and it's value pricing is okay for someone like me with one kid who is always on the go. Plus I like views of landscape and city scape. Orlando isn't NY or LA sure, but it has A LOT of lights and moving things at night. I figure few people may enjoy being able to see Disney, International, Downtown, Valcano Bay, Universal itself while staying on site. Views sell.

I also like the rooftop idea. There is a parking garage currently under construction on international drive that will have a rooftop restaurant. Universal is definitely staying competitive even on a smaller scale with keeping guests on site even if its for a snack and view.