Aventura Hotel | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Eh, for $99-$129(ish), i'd much rather stay at this style of hotel and get the same benefits as CBBR than stay somewhere as tacky as Pop Century for around the same price, if not more money.

Let's not forget Universal has extremely minimal space to work with here and they want to get it open ASAP. This type of design is the best way to ensure a Summer 2018 opening for this hotel.

As for beyond 2018... I'd expect hotel projects for the WnW plot before we see anything happen on the 400+ acres that Comcast purchased last year.
I dont normally agree with you but I like this post here. The statement about POP is dead on for my liking. It's actually one for the reason we never stayed at Disney. For what we are willing to spend vs the offerings, we just didnt' want too. At least this has views and some amenities to sell for the price point.

Reactions: Nick
I wonder why they didn't just go ahead an add onto Sapphire. Why did they make this a separate resort? Any one have any ideas? and 600 rooms seems under ambitious to what they have been doing recently, but they probably wanted to keep the density down a bit I'm assuming. That area is going to be very crowded vehicle wise.

This will be a cheaper hotel than Sapphire Falls, I think they want to attract the people who think that staying on site is still too expensive.

I can see that intersection being reworked, with this hotel, SF and CBBR plus Volcano Bay, it's going to be a busy busy place. I never found entering or leaving the I4 busy in the slightest but I think the recent additions will add a lot of traffic that it wasn't really designed for.

This will be a cheaper hotel than Sapphire Falls, I think they want to attract the people who think that staying on site is still too expensive.

I can see that intersection being reworked, with this hotel, SF and CBBR plus Volcano Bay, it's going to be a busy busy place. I never found entering or leaving the I4 busy in the slightest but I think the recent additions will add a lot of traffic that it wasn't really designed for.
Much agree. With the additions of the New Cabana Towers, Sapphire, and Aventura, more and more people will come. I do know, once I4 is re-worked with Kirkamn, traffic should all around flow even better around the resort. Not that it has severe traffic issues now but more as an added plus.

I do understand the pricing separation, but I would have thought it was the perfect opportunity to add even more rooms since they have a target number they want to reach!

Reactions: Scott W.
People saying that this hotel is bland is making me make a parrallel between UOR and Vegas. You had a period of incredible resorts being built with great themes and now the latest being built feels so generic (City Center).

Reactions: Ryan and Jon84
It just appears that Universal is trying to strike a balance and meet the needs of it's various demographic groups, both economically & aesthetic wise. If they wanted to knock everything out of the park, the three newest resorts would be deluxe resort like Portofino, Hard Rock & Royal Pacific. But then that wouldn't have really made any economic sense. As it is, they'll have resorts for every category of tourists and also avoid the "tackiness" of Pop Century or All Star Sports. And I don't count the newest Disney resort (Animation) as a true "value" resort since the majority of their rooms (three fourths) are pretty expensive (suites that start at $291).

The average price of that "value" resort is like $350.. :lol:
Yeah, for this reason I really feel like Disney should reclassify Art of Animation. Whenever my wife and I decide to take our kids on their first trip to Disney, this is definitely where we want to stay. I've checked prices several times, and this hotel isn't priced anywhere close to the other value resorts, even when comparing standard rooms only.

Reactions: Mad Dog
That intersection desperately needs a crosswalk.

It was pointed out, a bit tongue-in-cheek, that this kinda has the same style as the hotel in Jurassic World lol.
15025533_10207873097046564_1897733900211455082_o.jpg

14999982_10207873097326571_3137139012285501981_o.jpg

Now THAT would've been a good theme. :lol:
Think about it though. That Hotel theme was pretty glassy and modern and it worked with it's surroundings. I think people enjoy being transported out of their element, and people have to remember sometimes people need modern because where they are from they don't have it or don't get opportunity to experience that.

The average price of that "value" resort is like $350.. :lol:

That's if you get a suite, which "for Disney" is still affordable. We stayed for $120 a night not that long ago. Yes, it's not really budget when you can stay at Pop and All Stars for like 80-90, but it's still way better than paying 500 to stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary.

That's if you get a suite, which "for Disney" is still affordable. We stayed for $120 a night not that long ago. Yes, it's not really budget when you can stay at Pop and All Stars for like 80-90, but it's still way better than paying 500 to stay at the Polynesian or Contemporary.

And those suites are the majority of the resort and can run upwards of $500. Yes, I understand you can stay there for $150 or less a night in Little Mermaid standard rooms but the rooms can be on two very different ends of the price point spectrum. It's not like Cabana's standard to family suite variance, which can be only $20-$30 a night difference sometimes.

Reactions: Mad Dog

There is no reason a "Value" should ever be more expensive than a Deluxe and I've seen it a lot recently.

(We stayed at Poly last year cuz it was cheaper than Moderates and Values)

Had a few off season days at pretty cheap rates. Booked a night at all stars for 85 with tax in January. I am prob the extreme low end, but as long as that low end stays available it is a great deal for me, but I have no expire hoppers. It could still be a great deal for groups of 4 tho.