Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Aventura Hotel

So, I take it no one from here has laid their sleepy head at this hotel yet? Is there a place on the internet to view reviews of those who have stayed here?

Trip advisor. Currently at 4 stars. Some people are complaining there is “nothing to do” and that the beds are hard. I’ll be there for 5 Nights early next month!

Nothing to do? Heck the additional bars/restaurants at Sapphire and RP are only a couple of minutes walk and City Walk, two theme parks and a water park (disguised as a theme park) are within walking distance. There's a bar on the roof and a pool below. There's even video games for the kiddies. What the heck else could there be to do? :doh:

Nothing to do? Heck the additional bars/restaurants at Sapphire and RP are only a couple of minutes walk and City Walk, two theme parks and a water park (disguised as a theme park) are within walking distance. There's a bar on the roof and a pool below. There's even video games for the kiddies. What the heck else could there be to do? :doh:

Add onto this that it’s the cheapest hotel on site with all the same benefits.

So, I take it no one from here has laid their sleepy head at this hotel yet? Is there a place on the internet to view reviews of those who have stayed here?

Got a review on Parkscope podcast from Brian from Touring Plans plus he posted a review on the Touring Plans blog.

How easy is it to walk over to Aventura from Sapphire Falls and vice versa? Is there a clear walkway?

In my opinion, this solidifies the "nothing to do". Almost everything suggested was off the property of the hotel. My take is those reviews were saying there was nothing to do at the hotel, everything required them to leave it. Weather its a short walk or not, some people don't want to leave. So having nothing to do at their specific hotel is a valid complaint when compared to most of the other properties that Uni has. People probably had those in mind and thought it would be comparable (a lot of people don't research a head of time).

In my opinion, this solidifies the "nothing to do". Almost everything suggested was off the property of the hotel. My take is those reviews were saying there was nothing to do at the hotel, everything required them to leave it. Weather its a short walk or not, some people don't want to leave. So having nothing to do at their specific hotel is a valid complaint when compared to most of the other properties that Uni has. People probably had those in mind and thought it would be comparable (a lot of people don't research a head of time).
But it does include just about all the same venues the other Universal hotels do, which is primarily a pool, food venues, and one of the most interesting bars on property. And at a very value price. Sounds more to me like trolls that probably never set foot in the hotel. If you look at the building complex of RP, Sapphire, CBBR and Adventura, they probably occupy less real estate than Caribbean Beach at Disney that comprises six separate sets of buildings, and has considerably less to do than that Universal complex (Heck there's just a little TIKI bar over there for the whole complex when it comes to bars). And I didn't even mention the bowling alley at CBBR that's about a three minute walk. Those reviews are pure nonsense, actually they're laughable.

But it does include just about all the same venues the other Universal hotels do, which is primarily a pool, food venues, and one of the most interesting bars on property. And at a very value price. Sounds more to me like trolls that probably never set foot in the hotel. If you look at the building complex of RP, Sapphire, CBBR and Adventura, they probably occupy less real estate than Caribbean Beach at Disney that comprises six separate sets of buildings, and has considerably less to do than that Universal complex (Heck there's just a little TIKI bar over there for the whole complex when it comes to bars). And I didn't even mention the bowling alley at CBBR that's about a three minute walk. Those reviews are pure nonsense, actually they're laughable.
My walk around the lobby/food court and second floor gym/VR room and watching the pool in a rainstorm last week seems to bear out the thought of this review. I will know later this week as I embark on a 10 night stay if Bistro 17 and the room view redeems this but from what I have seen it is a college dorm with pizza places on the ground floor. Not bad - just what it is. Price is good.

I agree, to say there's nothing to do makes no sense. EVERY hotel in Orlando (including Disney/Universal) has the same things: pool, bar, food court and MAYBE a sit-down restaurant. What else could you possibly want from a hotel? CBBR has the advantage of a bowling alley (which is only a few mins walk) and VB is right there, literally.

I agree, to say there's nothing to do makes no sense. EVERY hotel in Orlando (including Disney/Universal) has the same things: pool, bar, food court and MAYBE a sit-down restaurant. What else could you possibly want from a hotel? CBBR has the advantage of a bowling alley (which is only a few mins walk) and VB is right there, literally.
Hotels in Orlando tend to have more than average ones in any other city especially when it comes to pool amenities.

Two words: lazy river.

/mic drop

Yeah, we may head over to Sapphire Falls for the pool if the it's really as underwhelming as I've heard. This would've been the perfect opportunity for a rooftop pool. With those views, it could have been the Marina Bay Sands of Orlando. :lol: