Aventura Hotel | Page 69 | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura Hotel

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The RPR didn’t seem much nicer to me than SF, just looking from pictures. Is it really a higher class resort?
Kind of a toss up to me. Major difference is RP has Express Pass & Sapphire doesn't. And being right next to each other, it's easy to use both hotel's amenities, pools & restaurants. For all intents & purposes, it's really just one big resort spread out over a couple of buildings. They are even interconnected through the Convention Center area. Even similar landscaping for the most part.

Kind of a toss up to me. Major difference is RP has Express Pass & Sapphire doesn't. And being right next to each other, it's easy to use both hotel's amenities, pools & restaurants. For all intents & purposes, it's really just one big resort spread out over a couple of buildings. They are even interconnected through the Convention Center area. Even similar landscaping for the most part.

That makes me feel more comfortable going with SF if I decide to switch as the express will hopefully be a non-factor the week we are going. I am eyeing Portofino though, but can I justify the extra $1200? Decisions decisions

That makes me feel more comfortable going with SF if I decide to switch as the express will hopefully be a non-factor the week we are going. I am eyeing Portofino though, but can I justify the extra $1200? Decisions decisions
That's our most frequent stay resort. It's quiet and more adult oriented than the others, and too serene for some , but perfect for us. The evenings on the Piazza are quite poular with the ladies, very romantic. Three pools. One large family pool themed to an ancient Roman Aqueduct for the slide area, and a sand beach entry. That pool gets the few kids you'll see at Portofino. The other major pool, and our favorite, is the formal pool, a bit smaller than the family pool, but still a good size. Rarely any children at that pool, the ambiance and surroundings are stunning, and the music is Italian in theme. There's also a third smaller pool, hidden away behind the east wing. We've only used that once since it's not themed. At dusk, the Italian singers come out on the lobby balcony, facing the Piazza, and sing for about 20 to 25 minutes. Portofino is immersion at it's best. Good Italian sit down restaurants, one with strolling singers, and the quick serve Sal's restaurant has, what is arguably, the best pizza on Universal property at a very reasonable price....Best rooms by FAR. Smallest room is 450 sq. ft. The bathrooms are the size of a Motel 6 room. Beds super comfortable and furnishings exquisite. Most expensive on Universal property though. Very very quiet resort.

That's our most frequent stay resort. It's quiet and more adult oriented than the others, and too serene for some , but perfect for us. The evenings on the Piazza are quite poular with the ladies, very romantic. Three pools. One large family pool themed to an ancient Roman Aqueduct for the slide area, and a sand beach entry. That pool gets the few kids you'll see at Portofino. The other major pool, and our favorite, is the formal pool, a bit smaller than the family pool, but still a good size. Rarely any children at that pool, the ambiance and surroundings are stunning, and the music is Italian in theme. There's also a third smaller pool, hidden away behind the east wing. We've only used that once since it's not themed. At dusk, the Italian singers come out on the lobby balcony, facing the Piazza, and sing for about 20 to 25 minutes. Portofino is immersion at it's best. Good Italian sit down restaurants, one with strolling singers, and the quick serve Sal's restaurant has, what is arguably, the best pizza on Universal property at a very reasonable price....Best rooms by FAR. Smallest room is 450 sq. ft. The bathrooms are the size of a Motel 6 room. Beds super comfortable and furnishings exquisite. Most expensive on Universal property though. Very very quiet resort.

You’ve made a very compelling case for Portofino. For reference, with stay and splash package, I can get a deluxe queen room at the Portofino for roughly $1800 for the week, tax included. I’m currently at Aventura for about $700 when you take into account the dining credit, so it’s more than double, but with obvious perks. With the quality you described, I’m wondering if it is worth the upgrade.

You’ve made a very compelling case for Portofino. For reference, with stay and splash package, I can get a deluxe queen room at the Portofino for roughly $1800 for the week, tax included. I’m currently at Aventura for about $700 when you take into account the dining credit, so it’s more than double, but with obvious perks. With the quality you described, I’m wondering if it is worth the upgrade.
All depends on how important a budget is to you. And maybe check the crowd calendars for the time you're going to see if Express is useful. Portofino is a deluxe experience , on the order of the Grand Floridian, but way more reasonable in cost. Adventura is a nice value for the budget conscious.

All depends on how important a budget is to you. And maybe check the crowd calendars for the time you're going to see if Express is useful. Portofino is a deluxe experience , on the order of the Grand Floridian, but way more reasonable in cost. Adventura is a nice value for the budget conscious.

Probably like trying to compare apples to wrenches, we were definitely trying to do this trip on a budget after a high-expenditure year, but the Portofino is tempting.

Probably like trying to compare apples to wrenches, we were definitely trying to do this trip on a budget after a high-expenditure year, but the Portofino is tempting.
Do it just don't mortgage the house to. I have visited but not stayed. It is a wonderful property and lots to do there when not in the parks

Remember one thing. Universal encourages their on site resort visitors to visit the other resorts, and even use their pools. You could always take a water taxi over from Sapphire to CitiWalk to Portofino, and treat the missus to a romantic evening sitting on the Piazza, while drinking a glass of wine from the Thirsty Fish bar on the Piazza. Get there well before dusk and you can listen to the Italian singers too.

Remember one thing. Universal encourages their on site resort visitors to visit the other resorts, and even use their pools. You could always take a water taxi over from Sapphire to CitiWalk to Portofino, and treat the missus to a romantic evening sitting on the Piazza, while drinking a glass of wine from the Thirsty Fish bar on the Piazza. Get there well before dusk and you can listen to the Italian singers too.

I know you have said that in the past so I’m definitely taking that into consideration. We usually splurge for very nice accommodations when we go on vacation; but this was a last minute trip that we are trying to fit on so was hoping to keep the cost down, but I always seem to bump the budget little by little lol.

I know you have said that in the past so I’m definitely taking that into consideration. We usually splurge for very nice accommodations when we go on vacation; but this was a last minute trip that we are trying to fit on so was hoping to keep the cost down, but I always seem to bump the budget little by little lol.
Yes, you can always enjoy the amenities of the other hotel resorts and keep the budget healthy by doing a less expensive on site hotel. That's what's great about everything at Universal being so close.

I guess where I have a tough time offering advice is that I enjoy aspects of each of the resorts. It is hard to explain that I do not have a favorite, just more ‘we’re in the mood for this’.

If cost is a concern, check the prices of all the hotels that offer Express. We tend to stay at Portofino when the rate is lower than RP.

The deluxe resorts all have the added value of Express and they will have the most comfortable rooms, but I am the type that could get comfortable on an air mattress in the bathroom at Portofino.

But one thing I can certainly say about staying at one of the deluxe resorts is that having a Express makes it even more of a thought free vacation. It just takes away some of that...rope drop, run to Kong mentality.

We do tend to try and go during slower times and we can do the parks w/o Express, I find my UoR trips relaxing. Loews runs all of the hotels and they seem to find great employee’s.

I like the grounds at SF, I love the grounds at HRH, PB, and RP. I think CBBR turned out to be better than what I ever expected (as it was UoR’s first step into ‘value’).

But each hotel is unique in its own way and each will provide you moments to recall (depending on how much you take in).

As an example, nothing I would ever expect anywhere...but walking through the lobby at CBBR once I spotted Lucy sitting at the bar. It is something I recall as I know folks who love ‘I love Lucy’, but to me, it is just one of those out of left field moments that stick with me...like sharing the elevator with Scooby-doo at the hard rock...

Not ever night,ever stay is like that...just trying to express some of the little things that happen that remind me I am enjoying a vacation.

I guess where I have a tough time offering advice is that I enjoy aspects of each of the resorts. It is hard to explain that I do not have a favorite, just more ‘we’re in the mood for this’.

If cost is a concern, check the prices of all the hotels that offer Express. We tend to stay at Portofino when the rate is lower than RP.

The deluxe resorts all have the added value of Express and they will have the most comfortable rooms, but I am the type that could get comfortable on an air mattress in the bathroom at Portofino.

But one thing I can certainly say about staying at one of the deluxe resorts is that having a Express makes it even more of a thought free vacation. It just takes away some of that...rope drop, run to Kong mentality.

We do tend to try and go during slower times and we can do the parks w/o Express, I find my UoR trips relaxing. Loews runs all of the hotels and they seem to find great employee’s.

I like the grounds at SF, I love the grounds at HRH, PB, and RP. I think CBBR turned out to be better than what I ever expected (as it was UoR’s first step into ‘value’).

But each hotel is unique in its own way and each will provide you moments to recall (depending on how much you take in).

As an example, nothing I would ever expect anywhere...but walking through the lobby at CBBR once I spotted Lucy sitting at the bar. It is something I recall as I know folks who love ‘I love Lucy’, but to me, it is just one of those out of left field moments that stick with me...like sharing the elevator with Scooby-doo at the hard rock...

Not ever night,ever stay is like that...just trying to express some of the little things that happen that remind me I am enjoying a vacation.
:thumbsup: Perfect. My feelings exactly, too......Always a tough choice of where to stay.

Reactions: Suprachica79

We have always come during a slower time of the year, and being that we will be on site the entire week, I think we will definitely be more apt to take our time, not feel any pressure that we have to do anything early unless we really want to. However, we have never had express and it was always something we were envious of. The more I contemplate on it, the more I’m thinking of taking the plunge to booking at Portofino, we can certainly afford it, and I think it’d be a really great surprise for the wife. The last thing I want is to get to universal and be underwhelmed with Aventura, wishing I had just coughed up the extra cash to go to a deluxe resort. Since I know how much she wants to go to Europe and we are not going anytime soon, this may be the next best thing.

Reactions: Scott W. and Joel