Aventura or Cabana? | Inside Universal Forums

Aventura or Cabana?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Apr 21, 2013
Two guys just looking for some drinks, pool time and easy access for HHN. Which is best? Both are the same price.

Any advice? Thanks!

Last edited:
I didn't really care much for Aventura. It has the feel more like a business hotel than a 'Resort' hotel. But if you're into 'tech' you might like the pads being used for every little thing. That said, the rooftop bar is excellent....CBBR may well be the best value for a 'Resort' hotel in the Orlando area. Lots of amenities, excellent food court and pool/lobby bars , great pools and a lazy river, and value prices for a resort that's easily at, or better, than the Disney 'moderate resorts'. CBBR hands down in my opinion. I've stayed there a good number of times, booking suites, regular rooms, Volcano Bay rooms. I can't say enough nice things about Cabana....and you can walk over to Sapphire from either resort and use their water taxi, if you don't want to take the bus or take the 15 minute walk to Citi (City)Walk/Parks.

You can pool hop so either works! I like the rooms at Aventura more but Cabana has a more resort-style feel.
It's also possible that Day 3 (the morning that people leave) Disney will give people the option to take a bus to Disney Springs.

It's also possible that Day 3 (the morning that people leave) Disney will give people the option to take a bus to Disney Springs.
I think this is for the SW Galactic Starcruiser thread. (Edit as needed mods)

But to answer the question here, I love the food and laid back vibe at Cabana Bay. I also thought the rooftop bar at Adventura was overrated so I’d definitely stay at Bay.

Reactions: JoeCamel
You can pool hop so either works! I like the rooms at Aventura more but Cabana has a more resort-style feel.

Agreed. I stayed at both within the past two years and greatly enjoyed my time at each. Aventura's walk to the parks was more reasonable, in my opinion (I try to avoid the shuttle there so I don't have to deal with the crush at security). Both can easily access Volcano Bay, and the rooms are comparable. Aventura hands down has the better bar, and the excellent Strong Water Tavern is a very short walk away from the lobby. Aventura is easier to navigate, too, since it isn't so sprawling. Still, it's kind of a toss-up, really.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Two guys just looking for some drinks, pool time and easy access for HHN. Which is best? Both are the same price.

Any advice? Thanks!
Get a large room/suite in the north section parking lot view and enjoy CBBR. The north pool is fine, make a trek to the south pool for the lazy river and hop across the street (Literally, when will they address the crossing?) to Bar 17 and Strongwater. Watercraft available at Sapphire Falls so bus, walk or boat to the parks are all options that works.

Get a large room/suite in the north section parking lot view and enjoy CBBR. The north pool is fine, make a trek to the south pool for the lazy river and hop across the street (Literally, when will they address the crossing?) to Bar 17 and Strongwater. Watercraft available at Sapphire Falls so bus, walk or boat to the parks are all options that works.
Yes, we too always cross at the 'not supposed to cross' intersection when going over to Sapphire. The traffic is way less than anything we run into while crossing streets in downtown Pittsburgh. It makes for a really short jump to Sapphire.

Reactions: therock
Aventura for adults. Cabana if you have kids.

I enjoy the rooms much more at Aventura and considering the layout of the hotel, you're guaranteed that you won't have a crazy long walk to your room through the hotel. Those Volcano Bay rooms are great, but I've been tossed into those towers (without requesting) multiple times and the walk is a pain in the ass at the end of a day.

I’m gonna throw in a vote for Aventura, especially based on your needs, OP.

Am I the only person that really, REALLY dislikes Cabana Bay? I love every resort on property and think they’re stellar (though I haven’t stayed at Endless Summer) with the exception of CBBR. Like, not saying I prefer the other hotels to it—I actively dont like the vibe there.

Reactions: HalfGlass

Any advice? Thanks!

I would lean towards Aventura.

I’m gonna throw in a vote for Aventura, especially based on your needs, OP.

Am I the only person that really, REALLY dislikes Cabana Bay? I love every resort on property and think they’re stellar (though I haven’t stayed at Endless Summer) with the exception of CBBR. Like, not saying I prefer the other hotels to it—I actively dont like the vibe there.

I don't dislike Cabana - but I've definitely soured on the resort in recent years.

Thank you everyone for your input! I think we will do Aventura and maybe pool hop for a day. You’re all fantastic as always!

Reactions: Clive
Thank you everyone for your input! I think we will do Aventura and maybe pool hop for a day. You’re all fantastic as always!

I really enjoy Aventura's Bar 17 and it's very close to Strong Water, the best hotel bar on the property. Just use that pedestrian bridge by Sapphire to pop over to CBBR.

Aventura for adults. Cabana if you have kids.

I enjoy the rooms much more at Aventura and considering the layout of the hotel, you're guaranteed that you won't have a crazy long walk to your room through the hotel. Those Volcano Bay rooms are great, but I've been tossed into those towers (without requesting) multiple times and the walk is a pain in the ass at the end of a day.
Stayed in the towers when I was visiting for HHN and walking all the way at 2:30-3:00 am was literally the worst.

Can't go wrong either way but Cabana's rooms are currently in need of a refresh. The resort's hitting the 8 year mark. Has there been any word on that front?

Aventura. HHN 30 cemented my belief that I need to stop booking Cabana Bay for these fall visits. Your feet are going to be so tired by the end of the night, and that walk to the bus area feels like it goes forever. Hopping on the boat to Sapphire and walking 30 seconds to Aventura will make it all worth it.

Drinks: Bar 17 on top of Aventura, or Strong Water Tavern (again 30 second walk) at Sapphire. You can always cross the street to visit Cabana if they bring back some sort of Icons Bar again.

Pool: Aventura's downfall is its pool. It's quite small and minimal, but because of that, I've rarely seen it crowded, so that could make up for it.

Either hotel is a sufficient choice, but my overall opinion of Cabana has slowly gone down the past couple years. Could be age. Could be the covid protocols last fall (the suite side was a ghost town most of the week and the pool was closed 4 days of the week). Could just be that the two hotels across the street in Sapphire and Aventura are just more appealing to me now than they were a few years ago.

Reactions: Stonecoldfreak1