Bands Brew and BBQ 2013 | Inside Universal Forums

Bands Brew and BBQ 2013

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Octobers Fade

DEAD inside
V.I.P. Member
Jul 10, 2010
NoRemorse Cemetery
New stilt people
DSC09250_zps639f10d1.jpg

More food, drink and shopping tents

DSC09315_zps0583eaed.jpg

DSC09294_zps78e5bc6b.jpg

DSC09293_zpsca090591.jpg

DSC09292_zps2fd7c72d.jpg

DSC09311_zpsa9366884.jpg

DSC09317_zps31af863d.jpg

New lay out for enrty to Gwazi park for concerts

DSC09308_zps1be0dcac.jpg

DSC09309_zps2313e8e9.jpg

You know enter in through Eagle canyon, the area that used to house the rehabiltated Eagles.

DSC09314_zps4af313e8.jpg

I haven't been to BGT in over 14 years or so, so I haven't been on Gwazi, Sheikra or Cheetah Hunt...FINALLY going for the first time in 2 weeks, and I just realized this event is going on while I'm there...any tips that you guys and gals could send my way?

I can give you a plan of action depending on what you want to do.
The BBQ tents are pretty good and if your a beer drinker there is a lot to sample.
You can purchase a wristband that gives sample beers, longest line I saw Sunday or VIP seating (up front) for the concert that includes a meal ticket, a drink, and dessert.

If you have any questions I would glad to answer.

I can give you a plan of action depending on what you want to do.
The BBQ tents are pretty good and if your a beer drinker there is a lot to sample.
You can purchase a wristband that gives sample beers, longest line I saw Sunday or VIP seating (up front) for the concert that includes a meal ticket, a drink, and dessert.

If you have any questions I would glad to answer.

I have a quick question as I think we may head that way Sunday. I saw the info about the wristbands and it just mention beer flights. Do you happen to know the size of each sample and how many you get at a time? Usually if a place is offering a flight it is a sample of three but I don't want to assume being that it is a theme park not a restuarant.

I have a quick question as I think we may head that way Sunday. I saw the info about the wristbands and it just mention beer flights. Do you happen to know the size of each sample and how many you get at a time? Usually if a place is offering a flight it is a sample of three but I don't want to assume being that it is a theme park not a restuarant.

I have never done it myself, I have seen the samples, they are not very big but they are unlimited.
Not really sure if they give you a cup to take with you or provide one at every stop, I seem to remeber seeing people walking around with little clear plastic cups... So I beleive it is one sample per cup. Sorry i can't be of more help.

This year’s Beer Festival will showcase more than 100 imported, domestic and craft beers.

Select brews are available at each of the tents along the Bands, Brew and BBQ pathway, as well as in Gwazi® Park. But for those looking to sample several of the specialty brews, unlimited sampling is available from noon to 5:30 p.m. every Sunday with a Beer Festival Wristband.

Wristbands are $30 per person (ages 21+), or 2 for $50 for Busch Gardens Tampa Bay® Pass Members, and also include sampling privileges at the Desert Grill® restaurant, Crown Colony® pub and Zambia Smokehouse.

1) MICHELOB

- Rolling Rock

- Landshark

- Amberbock

- Michelob Ultra Pomegrante

- Michelob Ultra Light Cider

2) ANHEUSER-BUSCH

- Budweiser

- Budweiser Black Crown

- Bud Light Platinum

- Bud Light Lime- A- Rita

3) SHOCK TOP

- Shock Top

- Shock Top Lemon Shandy

- Shock Top Honey Apple Crisp

- Shock Top Raspberry

- Shock Top White IPA

4) INBEV

- Stella Artois

- Leffe

- Leffe Brun

- Hoegaarden

- Becks

- Becks Sapphire

- Boddingtons

- Bass

5) CROWN IMPORTS

- Corona Light

- Negra Modelo

- Modelo Especial

- Pacifico

6) N.AMERICAN BREWS

- Labatt Blue

- Labatt Light

- Seagrams

- Medalla Light

- Cayman Jack Margarita

- American Vintage Hard Tea

7) EUROPEAN BREWS

- Tennants

- Krombacher

- Krombacher Dark

- Staropramen

- Somersby Cider

8) VICTORY BREWING CO

- Hop Devil

- Headwaters

- Yakima Glory

9) BLUE POINT BREWING

- Toasted Lager

- Hoptical Illusion

- Rastafa Rye

- White IPA

- Spring Fling

10) SOUTHERN TIER

- Hop Sun

- 422 Pale Wheat

- Harvest

- Krampus

- Phin & Matt’s

11) US BEVERAGE

- Estrella Damm

- Estrella Damm Daura

12) MAGIC HAT

- Heart of Darkness

- Pistil

- Encore

13) COLD STORAGE

- Florida Ave Ale

- Florida Ave IPA

- Florida Ave Blue

- Copperhead

- Betchy Brown

14) TAMPA BAY BREWING

- Old Elephant Foot IPA

- Midnight Crossing Black IPA

- One Night Stand

- Wild Warthog Weizen

15) PENSACOLA BAY

- Lighthouse Porter

- 1845 Pilsner

- De Luna

- Lil Napolean

- Riptide Amber

- Raspberry Berliner Weisse

16) BIG STORM BREWING

- Wave Maker Amber

- Palm Bender Pale Ale *TBD

- Arcus IPA *TBD

17) FROGHAIR

- Froghair Blonde Ale

18) GREEN FLASH BREWING CO.

- West Coast IPA

- Hop Head Red

- Rayon Vert

- Double Stout

19) REDHOOK

- Longhammer IPA

- Mudslinger

- Winterhook

- Audible Ale

20) KONA BREWING CO.

- Longboard

- Firerock

- Big Wave

- Koko Brown

21) WIDMER BROTHERS

- Hefeweizen

- Columbia Common

- O’Ryely IPA

- Pitch Black

22) OMISSION

- Lager

- Pale Ale

23) SWEETWATER BREWING

- IPA

- Blue

- LowRyder

- Dank Tank “The Gimp” *TBD

24) STEVEN’S POINT

- Pale Ale

- White

- Oktoberfest

- St. Benedicts

25) GORDON BIERSCH

- Marzen

- Hefeweizen

- IPB Selekt

- FestBier

26) VERMONT CIDER

- Woodchuck Amber

- Woodchuck Winter

- Woodchuck Fall

- Woodchuck Spring

27) CAPITAL BREWING

- Supper Club

- Hop Cream

- Oktoberfest

- Autumnal Fire

- Blonde Dopplebock

28) GOOSE ISLAND BEER CO.

- Honkers Ale

- IPA

- Mild Winter

29) MACTARNAHANS

- Spine Tinger

- Full Bloom

30) BOLD CITY BREWING

- *TBD

Beer selections are subject to change.

Last edited:
Yea Fade, any specific BBQ tents I should hit or avoid hitting? Love myself some pulled pork or pulled chicken, ribs, beans, the usuals...when it comes to beer, that part I got covered lmao.

Can you pre purchase the wristband or only at the park?

I can not really recommend one, but I have never had a bad expierence with any of the ones I have tried and there are more this year than any other prior time.
The wristbands can only be purchased at the park, from what I have read and couldn't find them for sale on their website. .

Thanks for the beer list! My husband and I love to try new beers and this seems right up our alley and $50 for two wristbands isn't a bad deal even with the sampling running only from 12-5:30. Guess they want to make sure no one over does it. We were going to go this Sunday but we may put it off till next weekend. Drinking cold beer when it's barely going to get into the 60's doesn't really appeal to me plus with Monday being a holiday and kids being out of school it will probably be a busier Sunday than usual.

Thanks for the beer list! My husband and I love to try new beers and this seems right up our alley and $50 for two wristbands isn't a bad deal even with the sampling running only from 12-5:30. Guess they want to make sure no one over does it. We were going to go this Sunday but we may put it off till next weekend. Drinking cold beer when it's barely going to get into the 60's doesn't really appeal to me plus with Monday being a holiday and kids being out of school it will probably be a busier Sunday than usual.

Yeah going on a cold day was no fun, been there done that, I really wanted to see Styx at SeaWorld but it will be way to cold to enjoy.