Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Batman: Arkham Knight

I have to say, I'm really disappointed by the boss battles in this game. There are way too many bosses that involve the Batmobile, such as reducing Deathstroke to a tank battle. Further, the Arkham Knight is only fought by sneaking up and grappling to him when he is in a sniper position. I was hoping for another intense hand-to-hand fight like we got from Deathstroke in Origins. The rest involve beating up a group of thugs to build up a Dual Team Takedown and just smacking the big enemy. As much flack as Origins (somewhat unfairly) got, they nailed the bosses and this was a serious step back.

I've never played any Batman game EVER... I was considering this to be my first... would you not recommend this then?>

I played Arkham City on Wii U ... graphics are nice, storyline and mood is good, yet still I did not get that much into the game (at least not as much as I hoped to). Can't really point out as to what exactly, but something in the gameplay seems to be lacking.

I've never played any Batman game EVER... I was considering this to be my first... would you not recommend this then?>
Actually, my earlier post notwithstanding, I would still recommend the game, especially if it'd be your first in the series. There is a lot of fun to be had and well worth the money. I just felt a little let down by that one aspect.

This game is great, it unfortunately is not better than Arkham City (I still believe that is a top 5 game of all time) and may not be better than Asylum. The 3 main gripes I have are:

1.The boss battles, it's been said already but they are disappointing.
2.The Arkham Knight twist, very disappointing and it turns out to be very unoriginal IMO
3.No challenge maps, are you kidding me? Half the fun was playing the maps as Batman and his allies and there is nothing yet.

I'll stick up for the Batmobile, it can be a bit tedious but people have been asking for the Batmobile forever now. I still give the game a 8.5/10 and it's probably a top 30 game of all time for me. Arkham City just set the bar too high and this game didn't meet the expectations. Graphics are insane though, beautiful game and Scarecrow was awesome. I am kind of disappointed with the lack of Bane, Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Ra's al Ghul, etc. Some of the side mission villains like Deacon Blackfire and Professor Pyg were lame. Also, I hate Firefly.