Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) | Inside Universal Forums

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 22, 2008
Orlando, FL
official-batman-superman-logo1.jpg

Sure to be one of the biggest movies ever, so I felt it deserved it's own thread separate from the Man of Steel thread. Let's kick it off with some news about the search for the new Batman.. but not really.

Christian Bale has stated time and time again he doesn’t want to be Batman again unless Christopher Nolan is directing. Well, the Caped Crusader set to return to the big screen in 2015, casting is well under way and the latest rumor states Warner Bros. will reportedly offer Bale 60 million reasons to change his mind.

The Sun Newspaper is reporting the studio, which will release Zack Snyder‘s Man of Steel follow-up Batman vs. Superman in 2015, has offered the Oscar-winning actor 40 million pounds to play Batman once again. That works out to about $60 million.

The Sun website is subscriber based, so thanks to Badass Digest for the heads up. But definitely keep in mind this is not confirmed and The Sun is a tabloid, and thus not the most reliable source. But the idea obviously makes a ton of sense.

Reports on casting for Batman have been all over the map, with most of them saying Snyder is looking for a slightly older Bruce Wayne. Bale would certainly fit the profile, not to mention would tie Nolan’s Dark Knight franchise back into their DC Universe. That would be a plus for audiences who’ve been invested since 2005 with that franchise and might be thrown off if Superman fights a new Batman in the upcoming film.

I think almost any fan would love to see Bale in the cape and cowl rather than a new actor, but you’ve also got to respect his wish to gracefully retire the role. Then again, $60 million is $60 million. No one makes that kind of money on a movie unless they have a great back end deal (IE – Robert Downey Jr. made $100 million on The Avengers, Johnny Depp has also cleaned up on some Pirates of the Caribbean movies.) There’s also a chance this would be for multiple movies, not just the one.

So – what do you think? Does this sound plausible? And, if it does, will Bale take the bat bait?

http://www.slashfilm.com/rumor-warner-bros-offers-christian-bale-60-million-to-play-batman-again/

This is going to be so bad.

Yeah, this certainly has train wreck written all over it.

If they're offering that much money for Bale to play Batman then I'm extremely worried. I don't expect Bale to come back and they should just move on and focus on making a damn good movie and cast someone else as Batman. Not a big deal if Bale doesn't return.

If they cast Bryan Cranston as Luthor though I'd be very interested.

http://www.slashfilm.com/bryan-cranston-open-to-playing-lex-luthor-in-batman-vs-superman/

Bryan Cranston for any part ever. Man is a genius.

I don't want Cranston to attach his name to this sinking ship.

Judging by WB's need to make each film it makes more "Dark Knight-ier", I think not only will this Batman be an orphan, but he'll have watched Alfred die right in front of him. And he'll kill Rachel or whatever girl they give him. And then mope about her while all of Gotham goes down in flames.

Judging by WB's need to make each film it makes more "Dark Knight-ier", I think not only will this Batman be an orphan, but he'll have watched Alfred die right in front of him. And he'll kill Rachel or whatever girl they give him. And then mope about her while all of Gotham goes down in flames.

More than likely what will happen :lol:

This movie will suck...The Dark Knight was good because it was grounded in reality. Man of Steel sucked because it tried so hard to be like The Dark Knight. How is putting them together a good idea?

More than likely what will happen :lol:

This movie will suck...The Dark Knight was good because it was grounded in reality. Man of Steel sucked because it tried so hard to be like The Dark Knight. How is putting them together a good idea?

It's actually quite impressive that they managed to suck all the joy out of the most feel-good superhero of all time. And I'm totally confident they have no idea how to use Miller's Dark Knight Returns as a source other than going "U LUV DARK N GRITTY. HAV MOAR DARKNESS!"

It's actually quite impressive that they managed to suck all the joy out of the most feel-good superhero of all time. And I'm totally confident they have no idea how to use Miller's Dark Knight Returns as a source other than going "U LUV DARK N GRITTY. HAV MOAR DARKNESS!"

Isn't that what every comic book movie is doing these days, though?

Isn't that what every comic book movie is doing these days, though?

Yeah, which is a shame. Superman, and most superheroes for that matter, are supposed to be happy do-gooders, and their movies should be fun. Batman is an exception, and The Dark Knight series took advantage of it. The problem is that it reached unprecedented success for a comic book movie and other studios took note. Now everyone is injecting dark grittiness into places they dont belong...like a Superman movie. What the studios dont seem to understand is that that dark formula works for Batman, and arguably Spider-Man (though the original series retained some campiness which I loved) but not every superhero is suited for that.

I thought Man of Steel shouldve been a fun popcorn action movie but instead they made Superman this dark, conflicted individual who freakin killed someone! Thats not who Superman is...hes an out and out good guy with a go-getter attitude who's happy to save peoples lives because its the right thing to do. But everyone wants to cash in on what made The Dark Knight good.

So if TDK was supposed to be realistic, and was great for it, why would they throw in an alien to the mix? And if Man of Steel was underwhelming because it tried to be too much like TDK, why should they inject even more of it into the series? This whole mashup idea is just a big mess that reeks of staleness.

He already attached his name to John Carter and Total Recall. This is nothing.

I thought Man of Steel shouldve been a fun popcorn action movie but instead they made Superman this dark, conflicted individual who freakin killed someone!

Well, he sorta had no choice with that, right? What were his options in that situation?

But I agree that not every character has to be dark. In my opinion it does not work with Spider-Man. I didn't mind Man of Steel's darkness. I would much rather watch a dark comic book character than an superhero painted with a generic feel good-action movie brush. At least taking a dark, realistic tone is different, though different doesn't always mean good.

Well, he sorta had no choice with that, right? What were his options in that situation?

But I agree that not every character has to be dark. In my opinion it does not work with Spider-Man. I didn't mind Man of Steel's darkness. I would much rather watch a dark comic book character than an superhero painted with a generic feel good-action movie brush. At least taking a dark, realistic tone is different, though different doesn't always mean good.

First off, the writers had a choice as to how the final battle would play out lol. So yes he wouldve had a choice if they had stayed true to the character.

Also, its not different when everyone uses it. At this point its just redundant and annoying.

I've pretty much never been more excited for a movie in my life! I almost died the other day hearing that Christian Bale was offered 50 million to come back to play Batman. But apparently it might not be true :'(