Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Beastly Bazaar to Become a Meet-and-Greet

ReelJustice

Premium Member
Aug 6, 2008
Universal City
Walt Disney World announced via Twitter that Beastly Bazaar will close soon to become a meet-and-greet that will open this fall.

FYI, Beastly Bazaar at Disney's Animal Kingdom will close this summer and transform into a character meet-and-greet location this fall.

Could this be connected to Avatar construction at Camp Minnie-Mickey or do they just want an extra meet-and-greet because DAK is so light on attractions?

I don't think it has anything to do with Avatar. They still have the meet and greets in CMM. Something will be Avatar related when we hear about FOTLK closing.

DAK has been changing a lot of things with M&G's parkwide recently and it is the onlly park without a air conditioned M&G location, but I just don't believe that this isn't in some way related to Avatar. Disney doesn't replace shops with M&G's for no reason.

DAK has been changing a lot of things with M&G's parkwide recently and it is the onlly park without a air conditioned M&G location, but I just don't believe that this isn't in some way related to Avatar. Disney doesn't replace shops with M&G's for no reason.

Avatar won't start construction for over a year, if ever. I seriously doubt this is Avatar related.

Which shop is called Beastly Bazaar? East, West, next to or nearest?

Beastly Bazaar is the one located on the Discovery Island side of the Asia-DI bridge, across from the Tough to be a Bug exit.

Yeah, Disney never really would close a shop for a M&G... That's why I feel it's odd. Then again, Beastly Bazaar never really gets business. Maybe they're just moving the Flik and Up characters over there?

Shocking. Let's just be glad it wasn't It's Tough To Be a Bug closing for it. :lol:

I need to hang out in DAK more. It could pay for all my future trips.

Even if Avatar falls through, as it very well may, I would hope DAK would still use all that land in and around CMM for future attractions. This could just be a step in an expansion plan regardless.

I'm still skeptical about whether or not it's due to a future expansion. Sure it could be to start making space for Avatar, but it could be Disney realizing that Beastly Bazaar wasn't making money compared to the others in Discovery Island and would be better fitted to house the Up characters and Flik rather than the hut next to Tough to be a Bug.

I'm still skeptical about whether or not it's due to a future expansion. Sure it could be to start making space for Avatar, but it could be Disney realizing that Beastly Bazaar wasn't making money compared to the others in Discovery Island and would be better fitted to house the Up characters and Flik rather than the hut next to Tough to be a Bug.

I'm okay with this. Flik's my buddy, I'd love for him to return :)